PDA

View Full Version : ets

alan
Monday 2nd November 2009, 23:53
hi mine has gone again and havnt got round to getting it fixed, now think need the car back on the road, i am wondering if it is possible to fit a second hand one? i know a new one needs the software needs to be put on a new one but my thinking is that a second hand one will have the software already loaded on it, i am asking this as i am totally skint at the minute,

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

alan

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 3rd November 2009, 10:54
My ETS light has flickered on a couple of times on and off - but usually is gone again when i start it later.

I take it this is the throttle body? if it is, i had mine cleaned a couple of months ago - and its been bob on since, revs have evened out and fall quicker ect. Was the cheaper alternative out of the two.

jer,c70
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 19:43
my ets light has come on and it has made my c70 1999 2.5T not rev over 2000rpm
after switching off it is running fine but the light is still on..
i replaced the etm about 1500 miles ago it also had the software upgrade.
i pluged in my fault reader and the code p0136 came up which in the book says "o2 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)....." what dose this mean? (lamb sensor) if so which one front or back?

cookie
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 20:02
hi mine has gone again and havnt got round to getting it fixed, now think need the car back on the road, i am wondering if it is possible to fit a second hand one? i know a new one needs the software needs to be put on a new one but my thinking is that a second hand one will have the software already loaded on it, i am asking this as i am totally skint at the minute,

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

alan

software is in your ECU, so you need to change ETM and then get dealer (don't knows if autodiagnosis can do it) to update ECU to tell it its been replaced

jer,c70
Tuesday 17th November 2009, 20:06
my ets light has come on and it has made my c70 1999 2.5T not rev over 2000rpm
after switching off it is running fine but the light is still on..
i replaced the etm about 1500 miles ago it also had the software upgrade.
i pluged in my fault reader and the code p0136 came up which in the book says "o2 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)....." what dose this mean? (lamb sensor) if so which one front or back?

.....?