PDA

View Full Version : MAF Sensor Location on a V40 T4

T4 Ben
Monday 2nd November 2009, 14:19
Hello Again

Can anyone tell me where the MAF sensor is located on my T4 please. The idling of the car is a bit up and down, and from reading here MAF sensor's seem to be the first place to start by cleaning them.

Also there seems to be an issue when the car gets hot and the fan cuts in, it runs like an absolute bucket of ****e!!

Could these two things be connected?

Cheers in Advance

Ben

daveforber
Monday 2nd November 2009, 21:04
It's just behind the airbox (immediately behind the battery). Actually, I think it's attached 'inside' it. Remove the airbox and then remove 4 torx screws and it's in the bit that comes out.

It has a big square connector on the top if I recall. Will post pics tomorrow if you can't find it :)

marcoboyo
Monday 2nd November 2009, 21:57
If its the idling of the car that's playing up the first thing I would be checking is the idle control valve its known for coursing idle problems, it can be taken off the car and given a good clean out to see if it helps.

Mark

here you go this link shows you how to do the job my car was running well but I still decided to give it a clean and belive me mine was compleatly black inside compared to the one in the pics so a job well worth doing even if it does not help as it does not take long at all to do it.

http://s40concepts.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9231&start=0&rid=&S=b6a474c0b674a659f1bc47634d8e5ee7

T4 Ben
Monday 2nd November 2009, 22:13
If its the idling of the car that's playing up the first thing I would be checking is the idle control valve its known for coursing idle problems, it can be taken off the car and given a good clean out to see if it helps.

Mark

here you go this link shows you how to do the job my car was running well but I still decided to give it a clean and belive me mine was compleatly black inside compared to the one in the pics so a job well worth doing even if it does not help as it does not take long at all to do it.

http://s40concepts.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9231&start=0&rid=&S=b6a474c0b674a659f1bc47634d8e5ee7

Cheers man, i will give that a go at some point this week..

Al115
Monday 2nd November 2009, 22:24
It takes about 5 minutes in total if you have a torx bit the right size... well worth the time! :)

Slomo
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 15:58
idle control voalve would be my 1st choice as well.

Then MAF sensor

Then Coil packs

My T4 goes through a set of coil packs at least once a year :(

T4 Ben
Wednesday 4th November 2009, 17:02
idle control voalve would be my 1st choice as well.

Then MAF sensor

Then Coil packs

My T4 goes through a set of coil packs at least once a year :(

What sort of money am i looking at for Coil Pack's??

Slomo
Thursday 5th November 2009, 14:02
errrrr not sure. they are not that expensive though if remember correctly. Think fitted they are about £50-60 ish?

Slo

daveforber
Thursday 5th November 2009, 21:10
Coils:
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=61_761&products_id=5731

Or probably less from Rufe. Replacement is easy and really not worth getting it 'done'. Literally top cover off, unplug, pull out, replace.