PDA

View Full Version : C70 Dump Valve Help

asbo1980
Monday 2nd November 2009, 10:00
After a long await, my Dump valve for my 2000 C70 Coupe has arrived.
Opened it up all excited and theres no bloody instructions!!!!!
Does anyone know of a DIY guide that i can find on the net so i can get on the net and see how i fit it. Thanks
Its a BOV double trumpet Dump Valve.

p fandango
Monday 2nd November 2009, 10:36
hmm i'm not sure if the ME7 will be happy with a BOV

the valve itself wants to be as close to the throttle butterfly as possibly, which in you case is under the intake manifold & wants to be T-piece'd into the big pipe going to it.

the small vac pipe for the BOV wants to go to the vac tree (have ME7's got them?)

for best results you'll want to get a Forge recirc blanking plate so you can remove the standard recirc valve (bolted onto the side of the turbo)

scooter
Monday 2nd November 2009, 20:33
After a long await, my Dump valve for my 2000 C70 Coupe has arrived.
Opened it up all excited and theres no bloody instructions!!!!!
Does anyone know of a DIY guide that i can find on the net so i can get on the net and see how i fit it. Thanks
Its a BOV double trumpet Dump Valve.

Lets us know if the car runs ok with the dump valve as i have heard so many say yes and no

cookie
Monday 2nd November 2009, 20:42
snoop is the only person I know on here that runs a DV on an ME7 IIRC

I would have thought as there is no Vac tree, that you would Tee into pipe that goes to RHS (battery side) of inlet manifold, as thats where you 'T' for a boost gauge

However I would assume it would makes fancy sounds but ECU would reduce power slightly, due to un metered air

asbo1980
Monday 2nd November 2009, 22:01
What size Blanking Plug and T-Piece silicone hose would you recommend?

p fandango
Monday 2nd November 2009, 22:10
this is the blanking plate you'll need link (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMBPVRM)