PDA

View Full Version : T4 suspension

ste39cars
Sunday 1st November 2009, 20:12
Hi all
I am looking for a full suspension kit for my 1998 T4 and not sure what would be best as i believe these cars were already lowered by volvo and do not want to lower it too much more...so if anyone can give me some advice on prices,makes,etc then i would be eternally grateful! I am in the north west of england but would travel if necessary..I also have a KNOCK whenever the rear of the car goes down a pothole ..could this be a shocker!!
Many thanks guys
Steve

T4 Ben
Sunday 1st November 2009, 20:33
Hi Mate
I am in the same boat as you for my V40 T4, and am probably going to go down the route of Coilover's in the future. They are not too expensive either...

Al115
Monday 2nd November 2009, 10:50
The Koni Sport kit is popular with the T4s (I had 2 sets over the years on various cars). I'm now running Gaz coilovers FWIW!

T4 Ben
Monday 2nd November 2009, 12:09
The Koni Sport kit is popular with the T4s (I had 2 sets over the years on various cars). I'm now running Gaz coilovers FWIW!

What's the ride like on the Coilover's? I had Coilovers on my old Vectra C and the ride was harsh to say the least, but the handling and looks made it worth it?

Al115
Monday 2nd November 2009, 21:26
They're pretty good. I have got the dampers a bit too stiff for our roads at the moment (the car was in France for a while, where the roads are much better!) - I'm pretty happy with them overall.

ste39cars
Friday 6th November 2009, 16:07
Cheers for that guys....any ideas who is good at fitting the suspension in the north of england?Thinking bout Demon tweeks

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 18th November 2009, 22:54
Any decent mechanic can fit coilovers but make sure they do a decent "four wheel" alignment for you to set the geometry of the susp' just right. Don't go for the general wheel alignment go for what some garages call "3D" alignment.

T4FLY
Thursday 19th November 2009, 13:06
Cheers for that guys....any ideas who is good at fitting the suspension in the north of england?Thinking bout Demon tweeks

Demon Tweeks will prob do a good job but will be pricey.