PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

leet5r
Friday 30th October 2009, 00:58
any 1 know much about these obx exhausts that is on ebay like cheers

volvoboyt5
Friday 30th October 2009, 09:10
... i personaly havent had one but my mate up the road had one on his v70 and he loves it .. altho i would have thought it would be cheaper to market downpipe specific kits rather than sell a kit with 2 downpipes . however .. i am saving up for one . the big question is wich car do i hang it on ..

leet5r
Friday 30th October 2009, 12:17
... i personaly havent had one but my mate up the road had one on his v70 and he loves it .. altho i would have thought it would be cheaper to market downpipe specific kits rather than sell a kit with 2 downpipes . however .. i am saving up for one . the big question is wich car do i hang it on ..

cheers bud , a can always sell the other down pipe in the future

WOODY T5
Friday 30th October 2009, 18:14
got one on my 850 t5 leet5r nice bit of kit but ad to mod it fit the one ebay for a left hand car. down pipe hits the steering rack thats the only down side to it mate hope this help?????

leet5r
Friday 30th October 2009, 19:02
got one on my 850 t5 leet5r nice bit of kit but ad to mod it fit the one ebay for a left hand car. down pipe hits the steering rack thats the only down side to it mate hope this help?????

cheers bud did you have to mod it much like cos it looks a nice bit of kit for the price like cheers for your help

WOODY T5
Friday 30th October 2009, 20:12
just ad to put a dent in down pipe to make it fit were the steering column fits the rack. u get 2 down pipe witch u could sell one and got some money.the only thing i will say is as its from U.S.A i ad to pay customs and excise duty 38 pound?

Alan M
Friday 30th October 2009, 20:14
There is a modification required to the heat shield/bash plate as the downpipes just catch when the engine moves under load. The performance increase from the systems are very good as they are a fully mandrell bent system. The downside though and a big one as far as I am concerned is the quality of the 304 ST steel used. I have had one of the systems for nearly 1 1/2 years on my car with the angled outlet downpipe and after just 4 months of being on it had rusted very badly. If you take a look over on T5D5 forums you will see the extent of the rust if the photos are still in my online account. The rear section on some that rises up over the rear axle hits the underside of the car but my one is fine with no issues. A lot of owners in the states have the systems on their cars so take a look on Volvospeed for a little more info.

Alan M
Friday 30th October 2009, 20:18
just ad to put a dent in down pipe to make it fit were the steering column fits the rack. u get 2 down pipe witch u could sell one and got some money.the only thing i will say is as its from U.S.A i ad to pay customs and excise duty 38 pound?

Putting a dent in the downpipe is not the way to go. Just remove the heatshield (two bolts to remove) then trim the material that is in the way so it fits without touching. Putting a dent in the downpipe is sort of defeating the purpose of having a larger downpipe as your altering the pipe shape from the best shape it should be.

leet5r
Friday 30th October 2009, 20:24
Putting a dent in the downpipe is not the way to go. Just remove the heatshield (two bolts to remove) then trim the material that is in the way so it fits without touching. Putting a dent in the downpipe is sort of defeating the purpose of having a larger downpipe as your altering the pipe shape from the best shape it should be.

cheers m8 av got no heat sheilds on like so a might just leave them off lol

Alan M
Friday 30th October 2009, 20:45
Not the heatshields on the exhaust manifold, the bash plate that bolts to the side of the steering rack.

WOODY T5
Friday 30th October 2009, 20:48
depends on witch down pipe u use. heatshields of trim the matel back still didnt fit i ad to fit the straight down pipe on my t5 with a little dent but the performance did go up a lot ???????????????

leet5r
Saturday 31st October 2009, 00:35
Not the heatshields on the exhaust manifold, the bash plate that bolts to the side of the steering rack.

oh rite is it a lot of work like bud cheers

leet5r
Saturday 31st October 2009, 00:37
depends on witch down pipe u use. heatshields of trim the matel back still didnt fit i ad to fit the straight down pipe on my t5 with a little dent but the performance did go up a lot ???????????????

am after fittin an 18t soon so goin to keep both down pipes. isit a lot with to mod with them like