PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 855 rear lamp replacement

ken10
Thursday 29th October 2009, 05:07
My 855 rear lamps have turned whitish. Have just purchased new lamps. How do I remove the old lamps and replace them with the new ones?

Thanks.

carl_t5
Thursday 29th October 2009, 07:19
855 the estate? If so remove speaker in the pillar and lower plastic trim (need to move carpet to gain access if i remember right), remove upper bulb holders then light cluster, i used 8 or 10mm deep socket, can be a pain with 2 or 3 nuts (its been a while since done it). Remove lower bulb holder then remove nuts again, only this time much more of a pain to get nuts out.
Then just refit new ones.
Hope this helps.

cherry1809
Thursday 29th October 2009, 09:08
There's a couple you won't get to with a socket, So if you have to use a spanner, Trust me and tie a piece of string to the end of it.

flyingbrick
Thursday 29th October 2009, 09:27
Hi. I managed to get to all the nuts with a socket and some wobbly extesion bars (right pain in in butt):mad111: Its a fiddley job but not to hard. One thing I do remember is when you put the new lamps on put the bottom ones on first as the top ones over lap the bottom. If you put the top ones one first you cant get the bottom ones on.:slap: That did not make me laugh having to loosen the top ones:cuckoo: