PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the piggin seats out!!

Niles
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 21:09
Swapped my front seats (no wiring for the lecky bits so I'll have to shift the loom etc) and a happy job. I also did the 'base' of the rear seats & the little 'side' bits (thanks to pedro fanydanly for that), however, the back rest as Mr Haynes says is removed by removing the little spring clip, did that, no joy!! can shift them!! HELP!!!

cookie
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 21:22
you can try by, releasing catches as if folding foward, then flicking latches, so they can go back into lock position, then tug up hard (VERY VERY hard) 60% side first

if that fails (an it possibly will), tip seats forward, and with a narrow cold chisel drift under the metal edge (I'll try and get some pics up in morning if needed. once you've done it once its a doddle (back is heavy, make sure you have removed the 3 seat belts, from the chassis first)

I tried the pulling up etc, failed misserablly, did it with drift, took seconds, I can get back seats out in about 5 mins max (once found the sockets for the seat belts :))

p fandango
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 21:22
i put a big flat-head screwdrivers down the edge where the clip is & prised it across while pulling the back diagonally towards the front. They secure quite well at the edges & i was surprised how far you have to force the base towards the centre for the pin to come out of the clip/holder. The centre pin just slides out of the big mount in the middle of the car then

glad you got the side bolsters out

Niles
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 23:15
I must be f'in thick but I just don't get it.

cameron
Thursday 29th October 2009, 00:17
If in Doubt ...............

Hit it with a BIG hammer ;)

Like pedro says can you not lever them off ?

Alan M
Thursday 29th October 2009, 10:30
Once the clips are out they are still hard to remove (the backrest). You can put a prize bar between the two halves of the seat and push them apart slightly as you pull them up and out. This makes it easier. Push the middle bit of the clip in then lever it up to remove.

irf
Thursday 29th October 2009, 10:46
Once clips are removed, go to the bigger seat side, open the door, lift the seat back so it's about vertical, push the seat OUTWARDS(thanks B), it'll go maybe half an inch then wearing a nappy just in case pull the seat upwards. I've done it a few times but its still a major pain in the arse!

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 29th October 2009, 12:31
You just have to use brute force!!!! it took me multiple attempts over several weeks to get them out... take the clip out, then give them a huge yank....

cookie
Thursday 29th October 2009, 14:23
just popped out and released, to take some photo's

the seat pivot has a shoulder, if you pull seat sideways (towards outside) so pivot clears 'u' slot, then pull upwards, and get someone to assist with screwdriver/prybar etc to get right out, as will twist, due to spring loading of pivot

if you cant get someone to assist, then use small Pry bar

on Join between seats, there is a bar about 2" long that protrudes from 60% side, through support into 40% side, so can take a bit of Jiggling to get 60% out of 40% side