PDA

View Full Version : santa pod

n/avolvokev
Tuesday 27th October 2009, 19:44
does anyone on here go to santapod.

im going up there for the weekend in the volvo, saturday they got the bonfire burnup thingy, then on the sunday im drag racing the old girl?

anyone else interested? would meet u all up there, the more volvo t5's showing up subaru's and skylines, the better

kev

Rnash2002
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 08:10
does anyone on here go to santapod.

im going up there for the weekend in the volvo, saturday they got the bonfire burnup thingy, then on the sunday im drag racing the old girl?

anyone else interested? would meet u all up there, the more volvo t5's showing up subaru's and skylines, the better

kev
Been a few times over the last few years,would love to pop down but abit of a drive now that ive moved lol

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 08:42
We used to go there all the time.

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/galleries/run_wot_you_brung_galleries_idx.htm

Great days indeed!

lance
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 09:52
My mate took his bike down a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of a disaster!!

n/avolvokev
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 17:36
just wow, im lovingthose pics,
im up there prob around once a month, and only every seen a handfull of volvo's up there,

well i will certainly post videos up of me drag racing, and u can tell me wat u lot think

Mrsmastiffs
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 18:12
Hubby fancies a trip there on Sunday to watch in the hope of seeing some Porsche's - he said we would take the T5 if he thought we would see any more there or anyone from this forum :)

n/avolvokev
Wednesday 28th October 2009, 20:38
Hubby fancies a trip there on Sunday to watch in the hope of seeing some Porsche's - he said we would take the T5 if he thought we would see any more there or anyone from this forum :)

well im deffinatly going up there, so ur see one person up there!

ive even got the hotel room booked up, sod camping up there its ok at usc in august but not november lol!

kev

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 29th October 2009, 08:27
I might go - depends on 'er indoors.

mas
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 17:19
Personally I would love to go up and test out the 944 Turbo against a few
T5's. That would be for a social and a meet up mainly not some grudge match ! .

My other half is still driving the T5 daily and we still love the car, however I'm really enjoying the 944 Turbo for being something a little different. The main thing that attracted me to Porsche was exactly the same thing that attracted me to Volvo ' quality' though TBH I dont think the modern Volvo
( and I have one) isn't a touch on the older ones. I'd love to know which is quicker on the strip , the Volvo obviously would prefer a straight line and the Porsche being lighter can't be too much in it ?.

944 folk seem to be good people too and I happen to know one who is very fond of running his car at the pod so he'd be up for it. Possibly something for the spring though ?

Regards Mas