PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pedal Sensor....

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 27th October 2009, 11:29
Keep pulling this code (p1513) and think from reading on here that thats whats affecting my cruise control intermittently.

Is this an easy fix? and cant seem to find a part for this when searching. Is it located in the footwell, or in the engine bay close to resevoir?

Cheers

Nathan

richiemat
Tuesday 27th October 2009, 13:34
Nathan

My brake pedal position sensor failed on mine and cruise wasnt working, i got a spare from Salvo at the time for about £11. The new sensors are quite pricey. They are fitted on the front of the brake servo (think thats the right terminology) and are held in place by a circlip so easy to replace.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23392 - 'RobbieH' bought one recently.

Rich

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 27th October 2009, 13:40
Nice one, thanks for that :)

Rufe
Friday 30th October 2009, 10:59
Yes this lives in the brake servo as said above. For 99> C70 the part number is [9441116] but new ones are not cheap at all. Retail is around £100, even after discount you still looking at around £80. Used to be quite a common part to fail on the P2 models for a while.

If you get one 2nd hand then you need to understand there are two numbers listed, one up to including 2001 model years, then another for 2002 and on

Simon

Happygilmore78
Friday 30th October 2009, 12:09
Not really affecting much at the mo, since i removed code last - the benefits of having a code remover i suppose - but will be sorting it out soon - like everything tickedyboo