PDA

View Full Version : Manual lbox short shift kit

Niles
Monday 26th October 2009, 09:04
Has anyone here installed a short shift linkage thingy? I've seen a couple on the net for a fair price. I just wondered if they're good quality & after install 'worth the effort'.

Al115
Monday 26th October 2009, 09:33
Don't forget to factor in the cost of the stupid plastic collar on the gearbox ball... a massive £25ish from Volvo and you're almost guaranteed to break it!

I thought about it, tried it, sent back the one from B&M that didn't fit my car (even though it said it did), tried another, broke the silly plastic bit, gave up... :D

Quite possibly, you'll do better than me :)

irf
Monday 26th October 2009, 10:49
got the B&M thingy on mine, bought from flying banana. Before it was put in tony had fitted some brass bushes for me and the change was fine. Putting it on did make a difference, feels much better. It's not as short as the shorty shift i had on a previous jap car but it's short enough. Made more of a difference side to side then fore and aft. Oh yeah' you'll definetly break that white plastic collar thingy, i nearly broke the new one! I think it says in the instructions to soak the new one in hot water for a few minutes. Do it in boiling hot water for at least ten!

snoop69
Monday 26th October 2009, 10:57
Just lop 2'' of the original stick mate :P

Niles
Monday 26th October 2009, 16:53
i was going to go for 1 of these.....
http://www.fastbrowsersearch.com/results/results.aspx?q=volvo+850+short+shift+kit&s=TDBS&v=18&tid={59CEDB1D-DC43-57D7-1D3A-A28199B1AAC2}