PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof blind removal

Niles
Monday 26th October 2009, 09:02
On the inside we (who have sunroofs) have the sun blind thing, the bit that slides to keep the sun out when the roof is closed. I know it can be removed for retrim or just removal. How is it removed? Thanks.

The Flying Banana
Monday 26th October 2009, 19:22
Put the sunroof in the 'up' position you will see two plastic covers that goes from front to back on each side. They pivot at front to allow them to go up and down with roof.....grip it with fingers and pull to the back and they will come off ( just push clips wont break )
Then you will see two torx screws at back of sunroof on each side ( now this is the bit i am hazy about as i have removed a few from different models ...) loosen these and see if they need to come right out ( ie its thru a hole ) or maybe just loosening them is enough as the side bracket just hooks over the screw and there is 2 at front , check the same thing. Once free lift roof out and if you look in with blind closed you will see pull hooks that you pull in the way to release the blind. Easier than it sound tho, bout 15 mins in and out !!

p fandango
Monday 26th October 2009, 19:23
when i took BT's sunroof out the blind was attached to the glass & mechanism & came out as one complete unit, i've got rid of the sunroof now or i could of looked to see how it stripped down. Sorry