PDA

View Full Version : Add 25 bhp to your car

pzorb
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 16:58
As the subject says:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10432&item=4555156783&rd=1

Is this an airbox mod then? Or a resistor? I'm not planning on buying this, just curious as 25bhp is quite a claim! Unless it's a MBC or something...?

Is this someone off here btw?

Martin

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 17:02
I saw that pap earlier - my money is on it being a bleed valve!!

Its a "new product" for this guy/girl as there is no feedback relating to another item he has sold like this...buyer beware and all that.............

x

MattV70
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 17:10
It's a resistor that fits in line with the air temperature sensor.

It sounds like a load of cobblers but it does actually work! My mate has a 2.5 8v 850, and bought one for about £10 - £15. It did what it said on the tin, and gave him noticably more horses. The downside, and reason he took it off is because it confuses the ECU into overfuelling the car, hence his ecconomy was appauling!

When he showed me the resistor we looked in the RS components and Maplin catalogues and they will sell you 1000 for about £15! Simple way to make a few quid, hence all of the people jumping on the band wagon and selling them on ebay!

Tomcat
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 18:32
Robbing gits!

Ross9
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 19:57
Nope, dont buy these, they dont give you loads of power, extra fuel is not extra power, I'm sure I ranted about these on here before lol.

Overfuelling LOSES power, too much overfuelling, especially at cruise etc, can result in bore wash which is very bad for the engine.

All in all, a lot of crap and a waste of money, even if you did get one for 1.5p

Ross