PDA

View Full Version : new PCV blowing again

nick
Tuesday 20th October 2009, 18:26
help !!!! - just had a new PCV system fitted yesterday and got home, checked it and its blowing out of the dipstick again....:frown:

any ideas ?.

its going back into the garage again tomorrow afternoon - will it be ok to run for about 50miles without knackering the very expensive crank seal i've just had done ?.

please excuse my naivety but could i leave the dipstick loose to reduce the crank pressure until i get it to the garage ?

Volvostorm
Tuesday 20th October 2009, 19:31
Hmmm, that sucks, might be a bit messy, but, you could leave the dipstick slightly loose for the drive back, save all the pressure building up and blowing the RMS

Sorry,just re-read your post, thats what I would do :) Can't see any reason why it would hurt.

nick
Tuesday 20th October 2009, 20:14
cheers for that. i might give it a go to at least ease my mind.

would it be worth flushing the engine to clear all the crap out of the sump etc ?. i ask because maybe the pcv got bunged up immediately if some lump of sludge has worked its way into it....i'm guessing....frustrated.....ho hum guess i'm too impatient and will have to wait some more to get it all sorted.

cookie
Tuesday 20th October 2009, 20:25
did they clear the PTC? they may have replaced pipes, but not cleared the muck from nipples they attach to.

nick
Tuesday 20th October 2009, 20:26
i'll ask. thanks for that

nick

RollingThunder
Tuesday 20th October 2009, 21:18
Yep the PTC valve is what I'd suspect - it should be cleaned when doing the PCV job but a lot of people miss it. Regarding the oil change, Volvo do recommend that after doing the PCV job.

ajc106
Friday 23rd October 2009, 14:29
this happened to me to after i spent half a day on it got home still the same . the following day i took it all apart again and found where the tank sits under the inlet manifold the return into the sump was blocked had to clean the blockage out pig of a job but worked hope this helps

Flatout Phil
Saturday 27th March 2010, 13:32
this happened to me to after i spent half a day on it got home still the same . the following day i took it all apart again and found where the tank sits under the inlet manifold the return into the sump was blocked had to clean the blockage out pig of a job but worked hope this helps

Have a miserable feeling I will need to be doing this soon - PCV was changed last year, but the clutch is doing the noise on takeup and have a little spot of oil on the drive - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That's better.