PDA

View Full Version : Springs ?

TedBovis
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 13:49
So my little C70 T5 (Rica 310) was ranted around a track a few days ago and the big thing that troubled me was its cornering ability, now my budget isnt massive so I cant quite stretch to the whole shocks and springs thing, but like the idea to lowering it a little, I have read several of the older posts and think that eibach's are probably a good option (at least working on some of the opinion here) a little search shows them as being about £180 inc VAT (20mm lower) + fitting which I guess is a few hours work. does this sound about right ? at a guess how much/long would fitting be and are there any alternatives?
would doing just the springs be worthwhile? my shocks seem ok at the moment, and my budget isnt going to stretch to the whole lot :(

siamblue
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 15:19
You can get a set of springs from ECP which will lower the car by about 30-40mm they are £111 inc of VAT,
If you shocks are over 80k i would contemplate changing them, The rears are easy, But seeing as you want springs fitted now is the time to replace the front shocks as well,
Kwik fit charged me in the region of £260 last year for two front struts fitted and the rears srpings changed.

Gary

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 15:28
I'm thinking of lowering mine too but am also thinking i need new shox etc too but i dont wanna throw too much money at this car too with it being ex plod i'll not get a return on it unless i drive it till it rots. Has anyone bothered with the front poly bush kits as i'm still suffering from tracking problems and don't know what to try 1st to resolve it, should i start with TCA's? KwikFit & my MOT station say they cant find nothing worn or loose and my brand new F1's are getting battered. Help lol.

TedBovis
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 16:49
Had a look on ECP but cant find anything other than the standard springs for a C70 T5 1998, I get your point about the Shocks but its a question of one step at a time and its going to be the cheaper option first which is the springs, I'm sure I could probably use some more shocks but they will probably be next... or will it be the brakes...or something else....already have the Strut Brace which I think made lots of difference.

siamblue
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 17:46
Sorry mate i thought the springs on the front were the same as the V/S70's,
Well if you don't replace the shox now, Then you will have a bill the same size when you replace them in the near future so IMHO throwing good money away,
I replaced just my springs but the shox i had seemed good enough for the car, But i replaced the drop links at the same time,
My car handled like a bag of crap before i changed the springs she is so much tighter now.

TedBovis
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 18:26
oh, ar5e I knew somebody was going to advise me to do that :(

I guess I need to save my pennies for a while longer then and get the shocks and the springs done at the same time :/

What about the VT kit is it about £800 +fitting ? for shocks and springs ? I could ask them I suppose but you guys will know ;)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 9th June 2005, 03:54
I think the standard VT package is ~£800 (don't quote me) and consists of eibach lowering springs and monroe dynamic/reflex shocks. It is a fantastic set up and worth every penny.