PDA

View Full Version : Swapping the interior

BigV
Sunday 18th October 2009, 08:50
Does anyone know how difficult it would be to swap over an interior? My new car has half leather and I would quite like to swap it for the full leather in my old one before selling.

Big job??

Also would the new car have wiring in place for the electric drivers seat or not?

Tomcat
Sunday 18th October 2009, 08:53
If your just talking about the seats then no, it's not difficult. The wiring looms should be in place but things like relays/fuses won't be.

p fandango
Sunday 18th October 2009, 08:56
mine didn't have the loom for the electric seat, but there are wiring diagrams around to show which wires goes where

Tomcat
Sunday 18th October 2009, 09:10
I know in the past when I've added stuff that was an option either the wiring was there or there was a loom to plug the wiring into, so worst case you'd just need to buy the short loom that goes from the seat to the floor.

p fandango
Sunday 18th October 2009, 09:15
I know in the past when I've added stuff that was an option either the wiring was there or there was a loom to plug the wiring into, so worst case you'd just need to buy the short loom that goes from the seat to the floor.
yeh normally everything is there. Even the wiring for the ultra rare heated rear seats is in place, but they decided to leave the loom out for the more common front seat electric adjustment DOH

BigV
Saturday 24th October 2009, 19:05
So is this likely to be a difficult job?

I'm stripping the bits from my old car, so I can take off any wiring needed, but I don't have any electrical / mechanical know how - apart from simple bolt/unbolt and plug &play lol!

I'm not finding the half leather seats as comfortable - I think the electric adjustment on the full leather make it easier to get comfy.

p fandango
Saturday 24th October 2009, 19:12
So is this likely to be a difficult job?

I'm stripping the bits from my old car, so I can take off any wiring needed, but I don't have any electrical / mechanical know how - apart from simple bolt/unbolt and plug &play lol!

I'm not finding the half leather seats as comfortable - I think the electric adjustment on the full leather make it easier to get comfy.
without having the diagrams to hand at the moment i can't say where abouts the loom plugs into, the rest actually fitting the seats will be no problem at all. Once i'm back home (& sobber lol) i'll see if i can find any pics of the seat loom & where it plugs in, there may be some relays & fuses missing as well but i have seen them retro fitted so shouldn't be too bad as you've got the old loom you can swop over

t5 pete
Saturday 24th October 2009, 19:34
i fitted R interia in myne as i only had the driver seat electrically moveable there will be a plug under your seat and if not it will be in the dash above the footwell also there will be fuses missing in the engine bay box you will need to take the top off it and its a silver fuse that you will need