PDA

View Full Version : Turbo gauge not moving

alanscottgraham
Saturday 17th October 2009, 21:53
Hello, picked up a 850r today and although the car pulls well and I can here the turbo the gauge has not moved from its central position. any ideas? here of leaks but not sure where to start looking. or could the gauge be stuck ? or worse ???? many thanks, Al

callyuk
Saturday 17th October 2009, 21:56
more than likley a split pipe. you will find it attached to the vacuum tree on the throttle body under the black cover follow it along and see if you can find a split

t5 pete
Saturday 17th October 2009, 22:03
99% sur the pipe will have come off there is also a join under the air inlet pipe

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 17th October 2009, 22:31
Hello, picked up a 850r today and although the car pulls well and I can here the turbo the gauge has not moved from its central position. any ideas? here of leaks but not sure where to start looking. or could the gauge be stuck ? or worse ???? many thanks, Al

theres a join just above the passenger side headlight mine came apart there seems a fairly common problem a 2 minute quick fix if it's that

chrjen
Sunday 18th October 2009, 07:55
As mentioned above it is a leak somewhere - most likely under the bonnet - although I had a leak under the dash 2 T5R's ago.

A idle you can probably track it down by listening, unless the exhaust and engine is too loud.

woody
Sunday 18th October 2009, 12:48
99% sur the pipe will have come off there is also a join under the air inlet pipe

Found mine detached at this very position recently. Got a small peice of windscreen washer tube and wire-locked it all together. Simple fix.

alanscottgraham
Sunday 18th October 2009, 18:03
Thanks all, found it, under the air inlet pipe as stated. a join had come loose. great help thanks. incidently what should it run at, tick over drops into the black that ok? and a blip brings it back to the middle, I have not taken up the road yet.

cameron
Sunday 18th October 2009, 18:43
Yeah spot on that mate :D

Hard acceleration it should be about 3/4 into the white.

Unless its mapped in which case it should go off the end like mine ;)

woz
Wednesday 21st October 2009, 21:59
theres a join just above the passenger side headlight mine came apart there seems a fairly common problem a 2 minute quick fix if it's that

YUP Sounds teh best bet to check.
Look for a join in the white plastic pipe running across the car with the bonnet release cable.
Wont make much difference to the running of the car though.

W:>).

woz
Wednesday 21st October 2009, 21:59
Yeah spot on that mate :D

Hard acceleration it should be about 3/4 into the white.

Unless its mapped in which case it should go off the end like mine ;)

ha ha and mine.
W:>)