PDA

View Full Version : Boost Problem - HELP!

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 16th October 2009, 10:08
Hi guys,

My car was fine, and seemed to be boosting nearly half way into the white section on the standard boost gauge.......but went out to pick up the GF last night, and it was boosting a fair bit less, especially in 1st-3rd.

Drove it again today, and it is still the same. Is this a boost leak, or something more serious?

Basically I'm drivng 300 miles down to Lancashire this afternoon, and I don't fancy doing half of it on the back of an RAC flat-bed.

On a second note, the car seems to vibrate a bit when it reaches 70 (a-hem) 80. Is this tracking or balancing, or again, something more serious?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

callyuk
Friday 16th October 2009, 11:34
sounds like a boost leak to me and the vibration could be down to wheel balancing but dont hold me to that personally i would have the car checked before i made that sort of journey

DuncVolvoTurbo
Friday 16th October 2009, 12:03
Is running a car with a boost leak that detrimental to the engine?

Rnash2002
Friday 16th October 2009, 13:12
Is running a car with a bost leak that detrimental to the engine?
Not really if its a small one and your not running alot of boost and dont drive her hard or she will have to work a little harder to run boost.

jez.w
Friday 16th October 2009, 13:19
I would get it checked very soon and not drive it hard as you could damage the engine if its running lean etc. Also get your tyres rebalanced first and look for buckles in the tyres or wheels as you may of hit a pothole, or the missus might have hit a kerb when parking it ....