PDA

View Full Version : GLT to CD spec

Niles
Thursday 15th October 2009, 14:49
can I fit electric windows in the rear of an 855 that has manual winders & also, can a cruise control be retro fitted? I've got all the bits needed from my poorly 850 & wondered if its an easy job or not.

cookie
Thursday 15th October 2009, 14:55
Electric windows AFAIK are straight forward (door card, motor, switch)

cruise may not be as easy, but should be do-able - however not sure how much needs changing (just discovered for ME7's its just correct stalk - breakers, and software @ a mind numbing 360 odd quid)

Rnash2002
Thursday 15th October 2009, 14:55
can I fit electric windows in the rear of an 855 that has manual winders & also, can a cruise control be retro fitted? I've got all the bits needed from my poorly 850 & wondered if its an easy job or not.

Dont know about the cruise control but sidney who i bought the car off fitted electric windows to the back,used to have winders.

t5_carl
Thursday 15th October 2009, 17:17
cruise control is over rated, dont bother trying mate

p fandango
Thursday 15th October 2009, 17:24
even the actual window regulator/mechanism is the same. All you need to do is remove the door card & the window is held on with 3 bolts, the motor bolts in its place

as for the cruise control i think that i'tll be quite a bit harder, obviously you'll need to swop the stalks but all the pneumatic clutch switch/valve etc

callyuk
Thursday 15th October 2009, 19:19
cruise control isnt that bad to fit from what iv been told but have a word with bob13 on swv as he has done it with his 850
link to his profile
http://www.southwalesvolvos.com/phpbb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 15th October 2009, 19:35
I think I remember Readview used to have cruise control kits (all the bits to fit) for £50, but that was last year. And I could be wrong

cameron
Thursday 15th October 2009, 22:07
I'll ask him tomorrow, going up to get my car back :D

dooby
Thursday 15th October 2009, 22:34
Yeah I think you could do cruise on an 850 without too much hassle if you wanted to.

Pump under the battery tray, relay, wiring, vacuum hose, 2x pedal switches, throttle movement linkage, stalk. Might need the pedal box left side carrying over as well, for somewhere to mount the clutch switch but maybe that's only missing on autos.

Not sure what else, sorry. Cheers, Pete

PS sorry to hear about the boost spike :-(

p fandango
Friday 16th October 2009, 00:06
Might need the pedal box left side carrying over as well, for somewhere to mount the clutch switch but maybe that's only missing on autos.
the bracket for the clutch switch/valve is already there on manuals, i used it to mount the switch for the launch control/full-throttle gearchange

850 2.5 10v
Friday 16th October 2009, 10:35
cruise control is over rated, dont bother trying mate

Eh?

I have cruise on my CD 855 2.5 and its great. Pefect for long journeys on the motorway - you can speed up and slow down all from the press of a button and if you have to push a pedal there is a handy 'reset me back to previous speed' option.

Great option to have and it does wonders for anyone bothered about fuel economy.

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 16th October 2009, 13:36
Cruise contoll is just for lazy people LoL :-)

850 2.5 10v
Friday 16th October 2009, 14:53
Cruise contoll is just for lazy people LoL :-)

Well I'm sure there will be no shortage of takers for it on this forum then!! :-)