PDA

View Full Version : stupid head rest question

scooter
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 23:11
I know this is a stupid question v70 t5 01 has the lovely leather seats in it but here is the question does the front headrests raise, i have tried to raise them but no movement, I don't want to pull to hard as a couple off years ago i pulled the headrest and the cushion section pulled right off and left the rails behind.

Please be gentle

cameron
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 23:25
I dont think they do mate tbh ;)

The headrest looks quite large height wise so i wouldnt see any reason to have to move it :confused:

volvoturboman
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 23:33
If its anything like mine mate they do not adjust. Its a safety thing as a badly positioned headrest can be very harmful in an accident. Thats why they are the size and shape that they are.

scooter
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 23:50
I have bolt on headrest screens that go on the rails it was just about an inch needed

Nigel T5
Monday 2nd November 2009, 11:51
Same here, you cant raise the headrests as they are built solid like that.
I did find a bracket on line that secures / clamps through the opening to enable you to attach screens to the back of the seats but i never bookmarked it and I cant find the bloody things now!. When I do I will post the link.

cornclose
Monday 2nd November 2009, 12:35
Something like these ? :-

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/610850-4.jpg

Search for your car at www.dsldevelopments.com (http://www.dsldevelopments.com). There are a wealth of mounting solutions for all kinds of things.

Nigel T5
Monday 2nd November 2009, 15:14
Thats two things in one day, youd better have a lie down. Better still i think i owe you a pint!

cornclose
Monday 2nd November 2009, 16:53
I'll drop in next time I'm passing Retford... :shy:

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 16:59
Mrs PA has a problem driving Christine, the headrest is positioned in such a way that due to her hight, it means her head is forced forward and so she can't travel any distance when she's in the passenger seat. We have not found a way to change the headrest, and she doesn't have the same problem with the 850.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 24th November 2009, 17:30
to get it out you feel in the middle of the headreast poles...work your way down from top of seat and you will feel a lump ( probs 6 inches down )..push it in and the headrest will release. It obviously comes up the way and will show enough of the poles for you to mount the clamps on but i would imagine the safety aspect of them will be compromised then

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 25th November 2009, 11:43
to get it out you feel in the middle of the headreast poles...work your way down from top of seat and you will feel a lump ( probs 6 inches down )..push it in and the headrest will release. It obviously comes up the way and will show enough of the poles for you to mount the clamps on but i would imagine the safety aspect of them will be compromised then

Tried that with ours, no lumps.

It's strange that, how did they get the headrest in in the first place.