PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Meet No.2

fraz13
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 21:38
Well girls n boys, Since the first meet went so well its been decided that it needs to be done again :D

We need ideas of numbers though a think all at the last one will be at the nxt one, we need some Southerners at the nxt one and no excuses this time :haha:

Any thoughts of a venue will be appreciated, heres a few....

Falkirk Wheel LINK (http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/index.asp)

Aberfoyle and the Trossachs

Inveraray Castle LINK (http://www.inveraray-castle.com/Pages/content.asp?PageID=1)

Luss again would be a laugh but dunno if we'd be allowed back lol

Anyway al let yeez all ponder on it and get the ideas in, As for a date the 20th or 27th of August (both Saturdays for travelling reasons for the further travelled) are favourites so far...... What do you think??

DONKEYT5
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 22:43
well buddy, u gotta put my name down, im 100% available! i need a weekend away, and my little baby will be 2 months old, so it will be a lovely weekend with the family and the volvo's!!
it doesnt get much better!

Andrew
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 23:02
well buddy, u gotta put my name down, im 100% available! i need a weekend away, and my little baby will be 2 months old, so it will be a lovely weekend with the family and the volvo's!!
it doesnt get much better!

I'm a potential. Apart from the trip to Volvo there's nothing else on that month so if you guys can decide on a date I can book a few days off and make a long weekend of it with me family. Somewhere kids friendly would be great :)

If I make it however I want you guys to get down south for at least one meeting ... :D

Titch
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 23:42
Frazer,

Although Falkirk would mean no travel for us, my old man and I reckon Inveraray Castle is the man. the drive up the Rest and be thankful is suberb and on the other side of the hill is one of the best straights anywhere (if the road is quiet) on the way to Cairndow.

However, we'll be there wherever you decide to hold it!

Titch & Charlie

(Hopefully I can get the car keys back off my dad by then)

markliddell666
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 00:07
i bumped into ur old man titch did he not tell u i met him in the lounge area of BUBBLES :jaw: in grahams road falkirk and he had a dressing gown on for sum reason not sure what he was up tp though :pants:
i was just dropping off a parcel of course
he did look a bit flushed though ud better make sure hes ok

i falkirk sounds good it means i can goo oot pubbing afterwards then :banana:

count me as long as someones drivin me

Andrew
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 00:31
Oh and south Scotland is preferred :) Given I'll be coming from Cambridge way!

d14vd_h
Wednesday 8th June 2005, 00:45
u know im there fraz whenever wherever just thought id ge tin on the offical thread!!!
inverary castle does sound like the chat from titch's perspective and from the picture potential,
plus if people are travellign from the south - as long as its not too rainy mind- it'd be good for them to see something scottish
as badger said cant understand the problem last time,
they buy the rain off us in bottles no questions hhahahahahha

grumpybob
Thursday 9th June 2005, 19:28
Inverarray Castle is cool by me - any sat in August.

Bob

Somebody start the list.!

fraz13
Thursday 9th June 2005, 22:21
Sounds like Inveraray Castle is tops on the list then :wink:

Ok so what Saturdays best? will we do the last in August?? 27th??

So far.... Come on bys and girls lets make this a better one :D

1: Fraz13
2: DON-T5
3: Andrew (possible)
4: Titch & Charlie
5: markliddell666
6: d14vd_h
7: grumpybob

Titch
Thursday 9th June 2005, 22:37
Sounds like Inveraray Castle is tops on the list then :wink:

Ok so what Saturdays best? will we do the last in August?? 27th??

So far.... Come on bys and girls lets make this a better one :D

August 27th will do us

Titch & Charlie

d14vd_h
Thursday 9th June 2005, 23:25
yup
I CONCURR

aug 27th

The Flying Banana
Thursday 9th June 2005, 23:30
only just joined, are nw members welcome?

fraz13
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:05
only just joined, are nw members welcome?
Course mate, where you from? The more the merrier :D

Oh btw, anyone got a video camera coz a think that could bring out a bit more madness hahaha

GuyD5
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:06
Sorry Fraz .... 760 mile round-trip is just too expensive and a looooong drive there and back in a day :( ... maybe the next one if it's a bit closer to the Sassenach border (cue some of the Northern lads to maybe arrange a meet :)) :D

The Flying Banana
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:11
From Fife.... got yellow T5r Estate...no vid camera tho!!

fraz13
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:14
No probs Guy, thats why its a Saturday this time so Southerners can make a weekend of it if they wanna travel, its a shame Scotlands to far for Southerners and Englands to far for us, We had such a laugh last week, it would be good to get more ppl at this one

fraz13
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:17
From Fife.... got yellow T5r Estate...no vid camera tho!!
Good stuff mate, a couple over your way on here am sure, Yellow T5-R's are rare up here, it never used to have a private plate on it H1RST did it?

The Flying Banana
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:34
never had that plate...do you know of any other yellow estates/ saloons in Scotland?

fraz13
Friday 10th June 2005, 00:53
never had that plate...do you know of any other yellow estates/ saloons in Scotland?
Used to be one in ma village (near Glasgow Airport) and a passed another in Cumbernauld 1 day but thats all av seen, all 855's

d14vd_h
Friday 10th June 2005, 14:15
hows it goin flyin banana, :funkybana :welcome:
gotta come to the meet man its awesome chat and the best way to get to know the faces behind the names..... plus i really wanna touch a yellow t5r hahahaha
yeah man i saw one just on the motorway at bellshill the otherday but thats it....
gimme 18months and i'll have 1 too..

kdst5
Friday 10th June 2005, 19:25
Not sure if i`m workin any of the weekends mentioned or not but I`m going anyway :haha: sod work!! Have to make it to this one make up for missing the last one :cry:

fraz13
Friday 10th June 2005, 20:58
8: The Flying Banana
9: kdst5

Ross9
Friday 10th June 2005, 21:24
**cough cough***, wheres the non-static events/meets? ;) We shall confirm nearer the time when we know how other events we have/shifts etc are working out.

Ross

dave
Friday 10th June 2005, 21:33
it would still be nice to have a mini meet, imbetween now and augest for some local lads!, hmm let me think of a good central point!, ah yes!, the falkirk wheel!,lol

is anyone up for this?

dave

d14vd_h
Saturday 11th June 2005, 00:42
it would still be nice to have a mini meet, imbetween now and augest for some local lads!, hmm let me think of a good central point!, ah yes!, the falkirk wheel!,lol

is anyone up for this?

dave

how mini are we talking!? - loch lomond 'big' meet was 7 cars hehe :troutslap

fraz13
Saturday 11th June 2005, 09:35
And we were all kinda local, Bedlam had the furthest drive but we were all Scots :wink:

Ross9
Saturday 11th June 2005, 18:27
Crail, tomorow, bright and early ;), we'll be there at 9-9:30am, roll up roll up and have a go.

Ross

markt4
Saturday 11th June 2005, 20:41
what about a small meet at alnwick/berwick some time....midway...im sure a few newcastle peeps would turn up

gillespie
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 22:43
I could be down in august, any info on kdst5? I stay in the same area, might know the car, white with painted black between the tailights?

Andrew
Wednesday 22nd June 2005, 23:26
You'll have to take me off for now but I will be coming to Scotland and the North East with work later in the year/early next year. Provisional dates for my work trip will be:

Newcastle - Nov 21/22
Allness - Jan 24/25
Dundee - Jan 26/27

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 23rd June 2005, 00:09
Missed out on the last one so put me down and sod the money!

fraz13
Friday 24th June 2005, 12:55
3: Titch & Charlie
4: markliddell666
5: d14vd_h
6: grumpybob
7: The Flying Banana
8: kdst5
9: Wobbly Dave

Looks like your the only one South of the border Dave, shame no one else is up for this, after the last one am very suprised

DONKEYT5
Friday 24th June 2005, 13:35
Fraz, im from manchester!!! does that count as south of the border? i have already booked time off work on the friday to travel up! cant wait buddy!

fraz13
Friday 24th June 2005, 18:50
wooopsy Don :haha:

kdst5
Friday 24th June 2005, 19:19
Yep that sounds like mine Gillespie how close are ya? we could have a mini mini meet? :B_thumb:

gillespie
Friday 24th June 2005, 20:28
I stay in cromdale, I have seen your car sitting at McPhersons, a couple of my uncles work there, Im always passing wanting to go in for a closer look, what mods have you done? I see it has big wheels and a fancy pipe. I would easily meet up and get the crack, where and when?

DONKEYT5
Saturday 25th June 2005, 00:09
so is the confirmed date definately the 27th of august fraz???

Dacvolvo
Saturday 25th June 2005, 00:57
Sorry I'm late, Folks - Been very busy as of lately.

Add me to the list!!!!

8: The Flying Banana
9: kdst5
10: Dacvolvo

:cool:

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 25th June 2005, 01:00
I said I was coming!?

d14vd_h
Saturday 25th June 2005, 08:05
how we doin, been off the radar this week with my uber road trip,
glad to see this is progressin...
lookin forward to it
up for any meet no matter how big or small

fraz13
Saturday 25th June 2005, 11:30
Don av no heard any complaints bout this date so yip its confirmed :wink:

Dave ye were added, Dac just used an old list :haha: sorted noo tho :wink:

gillespie why dont ye join us all at this meet?

Craigk
Saturday 25th June 2005, 16:16
put me down to Fraz, not sure if i can make it yet tho but i'll let ya ken nearer the time.

Craig

fraz13
Saturday 25th June 2005, 16:57
11: Craigk & Jenna

gillespie
Saturday 25th June 2005, 17:04
Aye put me down too, is it an overnight thing or a day trip?

kdst5
Sunday 26th June 2005, 20:03
Just round the corner then. can meet up any time you like yours or mine I stay in Rothes so if your passin through give us a shout. No 57 between the Ben Aigen and Seafield pubs.give us a bell on 07786655033

fraz13
Sunday 26th June 2005, 21:56
12: gillespie

Its only a day out mate but feel free to make a weekend of it if ye feel like it

DONKEYT5
Sunday 26th June 2005, 22:15
well i got the friday till tuesaday off work so im makin a weekend of it!! cant wait!

cegc70t
Sunday 26th June 2005, 22:44
sorry fraser I must have been sleeping and missed this post. Count me abd the Badger in.

Dacvolvo
Monday 27th June 2005, 14:56
Dac just used an old list :haha: sorted noo tho :wink:

DAMMIT !!!!

:nutkick:

markliddell666
Monday 27th June 2005, 23:30
:bud: :bounce: hope u dont bump into ur pal again fraz :sheep: co pilot that day again :rally_dri

what date is it anyway so i can fall out with the misses so i dont get a bollocking for coming in late :troutslap

fraz13
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 12:41
12.9: cegs40t
14: the badger

27th August Mark :wink:

d14vd_h
Monday 11th July 2005, 23:01
oright guys, just thought i'd put a wee messag out there to keep the ball rolling with this meet,
need to keep the momentum up and attract some newbies. good to see it in the calender.
how are we all?

fraz13
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 09:38
Ok people, looks like its just the Scots again apart from Wobbly and Don :wink:

Its a real shame that we cant even tempt some of the main people up for a weekend :slap: This is a Saturday so theres no need for driving there and home again on the same day if thats the problem, Nothing in the calender from now till then or even till 3 weeks after so there aint NO EXCUSES!!!! :haha:

Come on fingers out peepo

Vikingxl
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 08:05
Sorry lads was really trying to get there having spoken to Don-t5 and wobbly even looked at the possibility of flying up but it turns out it is the day of my mates babies christening and as we are god parents i really should go.We are hoping for a holiday in scotland next year though so maybe we can get together then.Sorry.

fraz13
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:33
Went to Inveraray the day seen as ma nice boss gave me a day off :haha:

Had a word with the castle estate office regarding pictures at the castle its self and now waiting for a return call to say yay or nay

The carpark was pretty full for a Wednesday so a can imagine that a Saturday will be busier, there is a small spot that we could probs all fit in but its it a private part where the "family" live so its probs a no no, Failing that we could take individual pics at the castle front door but thats all if we want the castle in the background, supose just need to wait on that call (fingers crossed)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/HPIM1000.jpg

I did on the other hand arrange food, We are welcome in the George Hotel in Inveraray for a pub lunch, I said around 15 bodies give or take a couple, Hope thats OK with everyone

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/HPIM1001.jpg

Times are roughly 2-2.30pm for food then possible pics at the castle to let it quieten down a bit, Plenty of places for pics all around the area

That OK?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:52
Cool - Looking forward to it.

d14vd_h
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:57
AHHHHH looks aweosme fraz but ive like triple booked myself

volvo are doing the freedom test drive in edinburgh that weekend and i booked it for the 1st 3 sessions on sat!
then theres the touring cars at knockhill that weekend!
what time is the meet- i gotta make it!

fraz13
Thursday 21st July 2005, 09:57
A think we should all meet up before we go for food, Carpark in Arrochar sounds like mibees a plan as its easy accessable from both North and South, then a wee convoy up the Rest And Be Thankfull to Inveraray

Foods between 2 and 2.30pm so mibees if we could meet up around 1 - 1.30pm Remembering its Saturday 27th August :slap:

Providing thats ok with everyone :wink:

Oh and the George carpark is tiny so we need time to find places to dump the cars haha

Nicky G
Thursday 21st July 2005, 14:25
yeh you can count me in on this one looking forward to it but i'll be bringing ma 960 the 850 wont be ready by that time im gonna make that my winter project :)

fraz13
Thursday 21st July 2005, 18:24
A wee update on the list.....

15: Nicky G

kdst5
Friday 22nd July 2005, 15:51
Great work mate well planned and a great idea to meet at Arrochar first. Top job

DONKEYT5
Sunday 24th July 2005, 08:46
hi all my scottish friends!
well im lookin to stay in a b&b probably in inverary for 2 nights, so im plannin a night out, is anyone else up for a few scoops after the meet? i aint sure of the geography in relation to where u all live, but if im travellin from bloody manchester, the least u can do is have a pint with me!!!
have a think about it!
don

fraz13
Sunday 24th July 2005, 09:55
Don dont worry bout that mate, a aint in no hurry to get home :haha:

DONKEYT5
Sunday 24th July 2005, 11:05
i got ur pm fraser, i am coming up with the girlfriend, were makin a weekend of it and stayin a couple of nites in the area, we aint booked anywhere yet, so were open to suggestions within the surroundin area!
don

fraz13
Sunday 24th July 2005, 14:23
Thats ace Don glad to hear it, thats what the other southerners should have done aswell, Its the main reason for holding it on a Saturday but theres just been no interest from any of them which is quite disappointing :confused:

Anyway the place were having food is lovely but dunno if its what you wanna spend on a bed >>> CLICK HERE (http://www.thegeorgehotel.co.uk/)

No prices on this one but looks nice >>>> CLICK HERE (http://www.argyll-scotland.demon.co.uk/aboutus.htm)

This is tiny but reasonable >>>> CLICK HERE (http://www.wraywalker.u-net.com/)

Another >>>> CLICK HERE (http://freespace.virgin.net/breagha.lodge/)

Hope that helps Don.... That is if ye want to stay in Inveraray lol

gillespie
Monday 25th July 2005, 22:15
hi all my scottish friends!
well im lookin to stay in a b&b probably in inverary for 2 nights, so im plannin a night out, is anyone else up for a few scoops after the meet? i aint sure of the geography in relation to where u all live, but if im travellin from bloody manchester, the least u can do is have a pint with me!!!
have a think about it!
don

I will be taking a tent cos if we are going anywhere near a pub i will no be drivin home :drunk: maybe a b&b will be warmer

deerworrier
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 22:05
the drive up the Rest and be thankful is suberb and on the other side of the hill is one of the best straights anywhere (if the road is quiet) on the way to Cairndo)

if you like the rest.... come north and do the garve to achnasheen, i'm sure the guy why drew the road plan was roman:) if anyone is north i recommend the inver polly and kyle sku roads head for ullapool and go right.

maybe we should have a forum page where ppl can post their favorite drives so if any other members find themselves in that neck of the woods they can give it a go????? just a thought

AMAZON122
Thursday 11th August 2005, 19:53
Any room for one more? Got a C70 T5GT and a free saturday. Sounds like fun :)

fraz13
Thursday 11th August 2005, 20:06
Firstly :welcome:

Secondly course theres always room for as many more that wanna come along :D

Always good to meet new people, this meet there will be a few newbies so more will be cool.

Tell us more bout your car, year, colour, milage and any mods now or planned?

AMAZON122
Thursday 11th August 2005, 20:26
Car is a 98 in garnet red pearl with beige leatherwith 17" canisto alloys. Only had the car a couple of months so not done much to it. Put ebc disks and red stuff ceramic pads on it but other than that car is standard. Waiting on a new abs/tracs ecu coming for it this week.

fraz13
Thursday 11th August 2005, 20:32
A hope its not coming from Volvo :eek:

We have our very own ABS/TRACS ECU repairer on this very forum

Give Wobbly Dave a shout, he will fix yours for a fraction (15-20% Approx) of the cost of a new one

He fixed mine a year ago and its never gave me any hastle since, he has a 100% success rate

fraz13
Thursday 11th August 2005, 20:33
Oh and the car sounds gorgeous, you need to post some pics up so we can all get a look at it :D

AMAZON122
Thursday 11th August 2005, 21:12
Bought ecu from ebay. Will get some pics asap

fraz13
Thursday 11th August 2005, 22:39
Shame you didnt know bout Dave sooner, hope you never paid alot for it and as look forward to seeing pics soon :D

Titch
Thursday 11th August 2005, 23:18
if you like the rest.... come north and do the garve to achnasheen, i'm sure the guy why drew the road plan was roman:) if anyone is north i recommend the inver polly and kyle sku roads head for ullapool and go right.

maybe we should have a forum page where ppl can post their favorite drives so if any other members find themselves in that neck of the woods they can give it a go????? just a thought

Oh yes ! I've done the Garve to Achnasheen road too ( Ma mum came from Applecross!) Superb roads all round the north west. Maybe we should try to organise a run to Applecross over the Bealach. That would sort the men from the boys.

Charlie (Titch's Dad)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 11th August 2005, 23:27
Tis true - I was actually mending one tonight - but as the lad has beaten me to it - I guess I shall have to wait for the ebay one to fail (just kiddin'). If you dont want your old one then I will happily buy it off you.

fraz13
Thursday 11th August 2005, 23:30
Were havin enough trouble getting ppl up from downsouth never mind goin that far north lol

Sounds like a plan tho, sumit for you to organise for nxt year big cheese :D

Ad rather go East tbh but West is cool lol Thats one for another run lol

markliddell666
Friday 12th August 2005, 01:10
alright fraz hows u ive booked a double bed room for ourselves
hope u dont think im being too pushy lol
what was it u meant about roasting
i can bring my baking tray if you want
and we can make a lot of luvleeeeeeeeee cakes

send us a email fraz no seen u online or u got someone up the duff or a few !! spk to you soon fraz

fraz13
Friday 12th August 2005, 08:14
Emmm.... Emmm...... Mark shhhhhh!!!!!!

:hilarious

Take it the rooms for yourself n Bob lol

A aint gettin into the roastin thing on here lol

Oh n leave the tray at home man, the amount a voddies that am sure yel swally yel burn the place doon lol

And am no a daddy :haha: YET!!!!!! lol :wink:

fraz13
Friday 12th August 2005, 23:23
List update again......

16: AMAZON122

Anyone else???

Anyne pulling oot???

2 weeks to go.......

d14vd_h
Friday 12th August 2005, 23:36
right i'll be there in late afternoon/evening,
as soon as my freedom test drives with volvo in edinburgh ends
whose gonna still be there!?!?!
flying banana please i want to touch your car

fraz13
Friday 12th August 2005, 23:45
A few are stayin Dave, maself and Melanie included a think, a quite fancy just gettin ripped lol

biggbn
Sunday 14th August 2005, 00:11
i'm gonna try to take a trip up in the old volvo if its roarworthy that wkend, jus to see the big boys toys and put some faces to the names. came thru inverary and over the rest an be thankful on the way home from camping and can vouch its a beautiful place. giz a rough idea of times for car park gatherings etc..an i'l try to get along somehow, cheers

fraz13
Sunday 14th August 2005, 10:25
A think we should all meet up before we go for food, Carpark in Arrochar sounds like mibees a plan as its easy accessable from both North and South, then a wee convoy up the Rest And Be Thankfull to Inveraray

Foods between 2 and 2.30pm so mibees if we could meet up around 1 - 1.30pm Remembering its Saturday 27th August :slap:

Providing thats ok with everyone :wink:

Oh and the George carpark is tiny so we need time to find places to dump the cars haha

Theres a wee reminder of times n places :wink: The more the merrier :D

markliddell666
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:28
Fraz whos Melanie? hope she lives up to the lads expectations nooooo :rally_dri u now what baders like noooooooo
chirst bob if u read this a take it ur driving cough cough splutter splutter ill be too pished to drive likes oops i swore hope no ones reads this and i get another warning ! :pants:
looking forward to it fraz to see what other pictures i can add to ma collection

fraz13
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:45
hahaha Mark ye only get better mate lol

Melanies ma chick but she aint goin noo coz her wee bro's B/day (hes only 4)

A no wit that badgers like aye not 2 forget Charlie who aint been on here in ages a noticed..... mibees need 2 take a wee nip in his work 2 remind him

A hope Bobs drivin to lol you behind the wheels a scary thought lol

Am lookin 4ward to it anol mate, anything like the last time it should be soooooo funny, wonder if we can get barred from the pub like the bad English mob lol wooops mibees thats coz a wiz there haha

DONKEYT5
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:51
i was there to fraz, maybe u will leave a number 11 in the pub car park too!!
i cant wait to drive up, its 325 miles each way for us, but should be worth it!!!!

fraz13
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:54
lol Thats right Don but that was after he barred us lol

Yip its a fab drive up, a hope the new cars being good to ye mate :wink:

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:56
no long to go now lads.......canny wait!!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:58
right i'll be there in late afternoon/evening,
as soon as my freedom test drives with volvo in edinburgh ends
whose gonna still be there!?!?!
flying banana please i want to touch your car

Ill still be there...hoping a night is made of it!!

fraz13
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 00:58
Am lookin 4ward 2 the carry-on lol

Bet a get busted this time 4 ma antics hahahhha

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 01:01
Heard tho Fraz that the big Frost green machine canny light up its tyres!!!!

fraz13
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 01:05
That a challenge lol

Ok we'll c :wink:

fraz13
Thursday 18th August 2005, 22:21
Ok everyone on the list has a PM :wink:

A week on Saturday Ladies n Gents :D

A canny wait...... :haha:

If anyone else wants to join in the fun feel free to say :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 22nd August 2005, 16:02
Anyone* wanna come with me? Spirited ride assured!

I am planning to go up the M6 on Friday (Lucky me!)

*Particularly anyone from South of the Border?

The Flying Banana
Monday 22nd August 2005, 16:18
Anyone* wanna come with me? Spirited ride assured!

I am planning to go up the M6 on Friday (Lucky me!)

*Particularly anyone from South of the Border?

Bit forward Wobbly....a spirited ride assured!! Is there a lift available in the car too!!!!

fraz13
Monday 22nd August 2005, 16:19
LOL @ Scotty!!!! :hilarious

Wobbly Dave
Monday 22nd August 2005, 16:29
Bit forward Wobbly....a spirited ride assured!! Is there a lift available in the car too!!!!
:B_steerin You know I always grasp my knob firmly during changes.

fraz13
Monday 22nd August 2005, 16:31
DAVE!!!! :eek: :hilarious

gillespie
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 22:42
F**K, just knackerd the engine in the S70, plooms o smoke out the dipstick and the breathers and only 40 psi in a compression check on all cylinders, 310 bhp at 150k must be too much for the rings.Any one up here got a good bottom end for sale? pref before friday night??

d14vd_h
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 22:47
££££ mate, hope somebody can help you out,
feelin for your situation

gillespie
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 23:05
If i can get a good block for friday morn i should be able to change it on fri night and prob the early hours on sat, i dina want to miss out on saturday afternoon, HELP!!

Justin
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 08:23
Now thats commitment !

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 18:18
See what pressure you've put everyone under Justin...!!!!
People work their knuckles to the bone to ensure their car can attend events to keep this place as vibrant as possible....

:remybussi volvot5.co.uk

spesh
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 19:43
Ok i aint got time to wade through 11 pages, so is there any chance of a list being put up???? And can I go at the top of it please!!!

debug
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 19:54
Can't go firm /just/ yet but I will endeavour to join this exodus north.

Unsure if I should bring my own wheels or enjoy a (whiteish knuckle) drive up with Dave. Will check what the bank balance says!

I imagine accomodation will be an issue at this stage too.....Pesky school holidays!!

fraz13
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 21:30
List update again......

9: Wobbly Dave (Travelling with spesh)
16: AMAZON122
17: spesh (canny put ye at the top coz a aint startin riots :haha: but ye got a menchy at No: 9 lol)

debug if yer travelling with Dave n spesh then there crashing on ma floor and yer more than welcome to bring a sleeping bag and join them lol (no funny business mind :B_censore :nono: )

Also the schools are back now here so theres no worries with accomodation if ye wanna go that route :wink:

debug
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 22:31
Thanks for the offer.

I've slept on floors for the past three weekends so might as well keep the record going! I'll pack an extra-secure sleeping bag. :duck: Cheers!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 25th August 2005, 11:05
Debug - you're most welcome to share if you wish. I am leaving around tea-time on Friday and heading up to Fraz (with Spesh)

Call me if you want to organise a lift - 07801 347 993

gillespie
Friday 26th August 2005, 21:09
Sorry to let you all down but since the old volv has decided to break i wont be able to get to the meet, i dont think my corsa van will fit in with the rest o the group, anyway good luck to all the travelers on a safe journey and hope the weather is good for you all and have a great day, ps need plenty pics of smokey tyres to remind me of what i am missin, an incentive to fix my own.

fraz13
Friday 26th August 2005, 21:39
Thats a wee shame mate, ye should still come anyway just for the crack :wink: Am sure the Corsa van could be hiden somewhere lol

No tyre burnin for me now seen as a got ma new Titans the day :D big up Scotty aka The Flying Banana :haha:

Vikingxl
Saturday 27th August 2005, 21:31
Well how did it go then ?????

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 28th August 2005, 22:46
Well how did it go then ?????
See thread
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4115