PDA

View Full Version : Projectors

Cubes
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 19:53
Well, after months of saving money and then having (not choosing!) to spend it on something else, I finally got around to buying some projector headlamps and matching indicators (courtesy of Spesh - cheers fella). They arrived this afty so, as soon as I got home from work I set too. Only took me 20mins on each side! The fiddliest bit was changing the sidelight bulbs to ultra white ones which required a pair of needle-nose pliers.
They totally change the look of the car!
I will pop some piccies up when I get round to taking some as it was getting a bit dark by the time I finished.
Well worth it though!!

phil_woods
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 01:02
How much did they set u back please mate if you don't mind me asking, only I want some for my v70

Cubes
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 17:45
After postage, nearly £200. I'm pleased with that though. They'll set you back a fair bit more new. Parts For Volvo stock them,

Click here to have a look. (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=515_680&products_id=5296) I've got some pics taken, I'll just resize them and pop them on.

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 18:03
There is a seller on eBay, username is takajos, who sells them, and considerably cheaper than PFV.

One thing I'd recommend is fitting Volvo headlamp protectors as the lens is something like £80 if you crack one, and normally has to be gotten from the USA. The proectors are about £35 from Rufe.

Cubes
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 18:17
Might have to invest in a couple then!