PDA

View Full Version : Side strips removed..

dydigital
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 17:40
Does anyone have a picture of there car (850) with the side door strips removed?

Want to see if its a good idea on my Estate.

sen
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 18:00
Just take them off they are only held on with one screw problem is your going to have lots of holes in your door then. :jaw:

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 21:56
Does anyone have a picture of there car (850) with the side door strips removed?

Want to see if its a good idea on my Estate.

IMHO and having done this on a couple of non-Volvo cars in the past, it will make the vehicle look stumpier. How about colour coded V70 ones? I think they should be a fairly simple swap? Also, having honed your paintwork to perfection filling all the holes, they will get dented to b@ggery in the first car park you stop in :shifty:

HAVE ATTACHED A ROUGH PHOTOSHOPPED R WITHOUT STRIPS

RollingThunder
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 18:09
Heres one that I'm hoping to emulate in due course...

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 20:20
Heres one that I'm hoping to emulate in due course...

Yes, it needs the black strip on the bumper made body colour. But I'm an old f@rt, so will be sticking with the strips for now - although it does look pretty cool I must say: despite my reservations!

cameron
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 21:34
That 2nd picture looks awesome :B_thumb:

volvoturboman
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 23:40
Just be careful mate, I seen a yellow T5R on ebay for sale which had been body coloured and tbh it was hideous.

cameron
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 23:43
I like the black rub strips, the 850's are a big lump and it breaks it up nicely.

However i still like that 2nd picture ;)

Taff - t5
Thursday 15th October 2009, 00:39
Have a look at the pics in my album.
I"ve got colour coded strips on my 850 t5.