PDA

View Full Version : Idle control valve

Rnash2002
Monday 12th October 2009, 18:08
As above can one of these brake like not even work after a clean with carb cleaner?

p fandango
Monday 12th October 2009, 18:26
its an electrical solenoid mate, anything can fail. It is rare for them to go but have seen it in the past.

Best thing to do is check the voltage at the connections & that will tell you if its the idle control valve or not

Rnash2002
Monday 12th October 2009, 19:00
its an electrical solenoid mate, anything can fail. It is rare for them to go but have seen it in the past.

Best thing to do is check the voltage at the connections & that will tell you if its the idle control valve or not

What should it be reading?
Im at a loss at the moment,ive replaced vac pipes,cleaned stuff with car cleaner,tryed a different maf but the idle is still playing about.
Could a faulty cts be a factor?

p fandango
Monday 12th October 2009, 19:09
What should it be reading?
i'd of thought it would flick to a 12volt circuit when idling, but that is only a guess. You'll see a big difference between idle & off using a multi-meter

Im at a loss at the moment,ive replaced vac pipes,cleaned stuff with car cleaner,tryed a different maf but the idle is still playing about.
Could a faulty cts be a factor?
it is a leak that messes the idle up i believe

whats a cts? lol

Rnash2002
Monday 12th October 2009, 19:24
i'd of thought it would flick to a 12volt circuit when idling, but that is only a guess. You'll see a big difference between idle & off using a multi-meter

it is a leak that messes the idle up i believe

whats a cts? lol
Coolent temp sensor,the idle problem it on and off lol,if i drive hard revs seem to drop fine on idle if i potter along then stop and idle she idles around 1k rpm,if i rev her it doesnt drop but if i turn the engine off and back on straight away the revs will drop to where they should be.

p fandango
Monday 12th October 2009, 19:25
that is a common problem, but i can't remember what causes it sorry