PDA

View Full Version : Headrest DVD system on ebay?

Babybadger
Sunday 11th October 2009, 22:14
Has anyone ever put these in an 850 before? Any problems fitting them? What is the quality like?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HD702-2x7-Car-Headrest-DVD-USB-SD-Player-IR-Earphone_W0QQitemZ370272350714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In _Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item5635f3b1fa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Flatout Phil
Sunday 11th October 2009, 23:35
Hey BB, you having second thoughts on selling??? Seriously, my kids would LOVE that set-up - I would guess a sacrificial head restraint is needed. Not sure how they detach - so come on you lot: someone must know!!!

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 11th October 2009, 23:40
The headrests are removed by releasing the clips inside the seat. If you feel around the back of the seat about 4 inches below where each headrest meets the seat, you can find the clips, then you push them in (pushing the seat fabic in), and pull the headrest out. Its wierd to describe you just have to find out for yourself.

In fact here is a pic of the clip with the seat fabric removed
http://z.about.com/w/experts/Volvo-802/2008/11/seat-frame.jpeg

You have to push the clip at the very bottom to release the headrest (not the arrows).

Babybadger
Monday 12th October 2009, 15:35
If Rob from Holland , doesn't pick it up before I get the work done, I will be keeping it and putting the full system in. I already have the Subwoofer in the spare wheel hole and it sounds like a cinema in there with some portable jobbies. The trouble is they freeze sometimes on a 2 hour journey, and then the kids whine. So I want some dedicated Heavy duty ones that do what they say on the tin.

As stated the Headrests come out if you feel down in the seat back just under the headrest , there are two bits that sticky outy, just push one in and lever that pole upwards and then do the other one. Pop round sometime and I will show you Phil.....

Then it's just running the wires down the inside of the seatback, not a difficult job I would think. Take the feed from the back of the cigarette lighter and bob's your uncle.....