PDA

View Full Version : double din adaptor

scooter
Friday 9th October 2009, 20:45
can you get a double din fascia for the 2001 v70 every where seems to be single din fascias

mexybhouy
Friday 9th October 2009, 21:42
Has it not got one allready?
If your looking to fit a double din head unit it should just slot into the space!
Could you ellaborate a bit?

scooter
Friday 9th October 2009, 21:50
i took the original hu stereo out bought a single din fascia panel but my head unit packed in but i got a double din headunit but can't seem to find a double din fascia i was wondering does any body know where i could get one from

scooter
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 22:03
would anybody know somewhere in the uk that could get this one as the postage is quite steep for a bit of plastic

Rufe
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 15:12
would anybody know somewhere in the uk that could get this one as the postage is quite steep for a bit of plastic

I can supply these mate.

http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/P2X/audio/mounting-kit/VCC-249499.htm

Fascia Kit: [8622876] Our Price £30.97 plus £5.20 Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Delivery

If interested please send me a pm or email and I can get you an order reference number and ordering details.

Simon

scooter
Wednesday 14th October 2009, 16:14
I can supply these mate.

http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/P2X/audio/mounting-kit/VCC-249499.htm

Fascia Kit: [8622876] Our Price £30.97 plus £5.20 Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Delivery

If interested please send me a pm or email and I can get you an order reference number and ordering details.

Simon

rufe you are a star thanks very much I know where to come from now on I have a stereo sitting here calling DADDY DADDY thanks again

smithson007
Thursday 15th October 2009, 20:15
Can that wiring kit be used with cars with dolby surround sound?

scooter
Thursday 15th October 2009, 22:48
Can that wiring kit be used with cars with dolby surround sound?

I don't think so as it looks like the standard ones

smithson007
Sunday 18th October 2009, 09:03
ok cheers. anybody know where you can get a harness from to suit dolby?

dobbin
Tuesday 23rd February 2010, 01:31
been looking at double din fascia surrounds too and cant find one that has a curved top to match the curve of the wood trim that surrounds the area where the old unit comes out, the single din one do have the curved top somehow but the pics ive seen of the doubles all seem to be square shaped

Tip
Tuesday 23rd February 2010, 21:26
Can you get the ones that fit the facelifted dash in the 05 MY s60's ?

Like this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/volvo-double-din-fitting-kit.html

But genuine volvo.

Cheers

thebadger
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 00:30
Question Rufe, is there an option for double din that allows the fitting of the "pop out" cup holder? I'm sure I've seen one in a parts diagram?

That would be the best option, as I'm not happy with a blank plate next to the stereo.

Cheers

Missing Lincs
Wednesday 24th February 2010, 09:59
can you get a double din fascia for the 2001 v70 every where seems to be single din fascias

The Volvo part is single DIN but with a removable storage compartment below. You can remove the storage and cut out the guides on the sides to make a perfect double DIN hole. There is no cup holder, only a blank at the side. Even if you cut the DIN mounting plate I don't think you'd get the cup holder back, there isn't enough room at the side of the radio hole.