PDA

View Full Version : How much is a T5R Front Bumper worth?

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 9th October 2009, 14:13
Bought one the other day, seemed quite pricey, as stated in title how much are they worth?
cheers

PaulZX
Friday 9th October 2009, 14:18
seen em at £250 before.... I wouldn't pay over £200 though...

cookie
Friday 9th October 2009, 14:46
unless its mint and in correct colour, its probably worth finding out price new first (IIRC 850 versions are in primer, x70's supplied pre painted

Rufe
Friday 9th October 2009, 14:46
To give an idea i sell brand new genuine ones for £297.00 delivered (mainland Uk)

Simon

Rufe
Friday 9th October 2009, 14:47
(IIRC 850 versions are in primer, x70's supplied pre painted

you are correct there on both counts. :)

p fandango
Friday 9th October 2009, 14:56
youch, just found the receipt for mine & paid £138 for mine new from the main stealer (back in 2000 lol)

Pliskin
Friday 9th October 2009, 15:33
Rufe sorted me one out for my 854. Top quality and service, particularly since Rufe was ble to send it straight to the bodyshop who painted and fitted it.

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 9th October 2009, 15:38
Rufe sorted me one out for my 854. Top quality and service, particularly since Rufe was ble to send it straight to the bodyshop who painted and fitted it.

Rufe strikes again :uglyhamme

cameron
Friday 9th October 2009, 16:24
ive seen them sell on Fleabay for as little as £33 + Postage which was for a scruffy primered one and as much as £200 + Postage for a very tidy Olive Green T5R one, so quite a wide spectrum really.

How much did you pay WMD if you dont mind me asking ?

Also Nads is breaking a T5R Olive Green, so i dare say theres a bumper there ;)

Flatout Phil
Friday 9th October 2009, 16:29
Noticed someone selling a DTM one on the Bay today for £80 - but if i'm honest, it looks cr@p compared to the real deal. It is the defining part, so would consider a new one if it became neccesary. If you read this Simon, are these a dwindling stock item?

Rufe
Friday 9th October 2009, 16:32
youch, just found the receipt for mine & paid £138 for mine new from the main stealer (back in 2000 lol)
I can remember them being around that price too as it happens!

Simon

Rufe
Friday 9th October 2009, 16:39
If you read this Simon, are these a dwindling stock item?

that is a good question, but i would say i do not know really. They are actually easier to get hold of currently than they were a few months back. I sold one yesterday and it came in this morning, so they are stocking them in the uk, but I have no idea if they have plans to stop selling them at any time soon. I would say your safe for a while, but couldn't put my life on it, but the same go's for every other part really I suppose. I think its a case of simple supply and demand, while there is still some demand they will carry on to supply.

Simon

Flatout Phil
Friday 9th October 2009, 16:40
I can remember them being around that price too as it happens!

Simon

I presume R front bumpers are no longer manufactured by Volvo and there is a limited stock?

Rufe
Friday 9th October 2009, 16:48
I presume R front bumpers are no longer manufactured by Volvo and there is a limited stock?
No I don't think so really, still easy to get hold of really, but i suppose demand is less now than before, when the cars were newer.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 9th October 2009, 17:20
Mine is off a t5r £130 cost me and is in need of a sand down and respray, although it is olive green {right colour} the paints just a bit flakey, an got two doors same time,
thanks again for hooking me up with Nad's, Cameron. was a little concerned i paid over the odds then but it seems about right.
and it aint Wealth Mental Doctor! lol

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 9th October 2009, 17:23
Hi Simon, just trying to get this bit of cash sorted an i'll call for them springs, oil cap, and
distributer, on which note will the dizzy come with a black caseing?

cameron
Friday 9th October 2009, 21:48
My Bad, typing too quickly and not checking :sorry:

neos dad
Friday 9th October 2009, 23:05
Y is it when i look on fleabay i can never c one?? It seems to be the 'holy grail' of T5 ownership!!!

cameron
Friday 9th October 2009, 23:16
Type in " Volvo 850 Breaking " or go to the advanced search option and go for the seller name and type in Volvomotorsport, thats Nads, he's in the midlands, West Bromwich iirc :D

Or just click HERE (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T-5R-AUTO-FOR-BREAKING_W0QQitemZ260487830588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca648dc 3c&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14) :D