PDA

View Full Version : Coating callipers

Flatout Phil
Thursday 8th October 2009, 21:15
Now all week I have been taking the peace out of Stephen Ireland and his HIDEOUS girlfriend's car - that reads well either way. And now I am thinking of painting up my callipers ready for the refurbed anthracite Volans. Two questions really, I want to know the best way to finish them: are there any good paint brands to use? Or can they be coated in a fancy durable coating?
I am also thinking silver/anthracite, possibly red (goes with car but a bit chavvy perhaps? Saw a Porsche with a similar look today - YES, CHAVVY!) or black (practical).
And has anyone found a good way to stop disc hubs from going rusty - cause that looks bloody awful behind an alloy?

Next weeks project: lime-green volans with matching bump strips and buttoned gold-lame interior with a heart motif on the squabs. Oooh, what a gay day!

stephenevans99
Thursday 8th October 2009, 21:30
Howabout this stuff... Demon Tweeks Linky (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=FOL2160)

volvokid
Thursday 8th October 2009, 21:32
I’ve always used Halfords calliper paint, and yes the red chavy look is my favourite lol I love big red callipers it makes them look aggressive and they stand out. On my V40 I painted them silver so they just look clean and tidy. I always paint my hubs black or silver that keeps them looking young. As soon as I find an S60R the callipers will get painted red and I’ll buy more of the R stickers from E-bay to finish them off like my V70.

Tomcat
Thursday 8th October 2009, 21:41
To stop the hubs going rusty.....Paint em, that's what I did with my last set of new discs...