PDA

View Full Version : Maf unplugged

Rnash2002
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 13:02
Ok so im having idle problems and have cleaned the basic things,today i got her up to temp and unpluged the maf,went for a short drive and it seemed alot better,idled fine and when changing gear the revs would drop better not hang there.
So would this be a duff maf ?

Alan M
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 14:00
Get the codes read or do it yourself to check if anything is amiss before guessing away.

Niles
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 14:31
hmmmmmm......i agree with alan here. My 850 will JUST idle with the maf unplugged. If i drove it with the unplugged maf the car will splutter & run like an old sack of skoda spanners!!! Did you clean your ICV? Also, sounds like you MAY have an air leak somewhere.

Rnash2002
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 14:44
hmmmmmm......i agree with alan here. My 850 will JUST idle with the maf unplugged. If i drove it with the unplugged maf the car will splutter & run like an old sack of skoda spanners!!! Did you clean your ICV? Also, sounds like you MAY have an air leak somewhere.
Ive cleaned all the other stuff out to do with idle thing is it does it on and off,not all the time so cant see it being a air leak?

mexybhouy
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 22:00
Does sound like a MAF problem, but codes read would be best bet!!!

woody
Thursday 8th October 2009, 10:13
Had the same problem recently. It started with an intermittent fault then let me down completely so it was AA to the rescue! Had MAF replaced by Volvo Chippenham, £340! Had no choice but to pay, as I had to be places. If I was you, I would loan a MAF to verify fault, then look through fleabay and the like for a replacement.

PS, AA couldn't diagnose fault at the roadside, as his AA Laptop couldn't communicate with OBDII. To date, that's two Laptop systems I've witnessed failing to communicate with my ODBII!

Hope this helps mate.

Rnash2002
Thursday 8th October 2009, 14:38
Had the same problem recently. It started with an intermittent fault then let me down completely so it was AA to the rescue! Had MAF replaced by Volvo Chippenham, £340! Had no choice but to pay, as I had to be places. If I was you, I would loan a MAF to verify fault, then look through fleabay and the like for a replacement.

PS, AA couldn't diagnose fault at the roadside, as his AA Laptop couldn't communicate with OBDII. To date, that's two Laptop systems I've witnessed failing to communicate with my ODBII!

Hope this helps mate.
Yep gona be getting a loan one at the weekend,fingures crossed its that.