PDA

View Full Version : C70 Coupe No Speaker Sound

asbo1980
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 12:06
My PC9-414 Adaptor finally arrived this morning so i have tried to fit my aftermarket head unit in to my 2000 C70 Coupe, everything plugged in as it should and still no sound out the speakers?
Please please help, LMAO iam starting to get annoyed now!

Chad
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 12:26
what headunit you running???

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 12:37
My PC9-414 Adaptor finally arrived this morning so i have tried to fit my aftermarket head unit in to my 2000 C70 Coupe, everything plugged in as it should and still no sound out the speakers?
Please please help, LMAO iam starting to get annoyed now!

Looking at a picture of it on the net, that adaptor only has 5 wires.....4 RCA's and 1 blue wire which I assume is the AMP on signal? The proper adaptor from IPD has an earth connection as well IIRC.

EDIT: In fact, looking at the picture, the DIN plug shown even has 6 pins in it, so I wonder what that autoleads unit does with the 6th wire???? Have a look at ebay item 200343379405 and you'll see there is a pair of earth leads, depending on which stereo you're fitting decides what you need to do with those earths (seperate them, connect them to each other or connect them to a ground are the 3 options I think).

asbo1980
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 12:56
Its a JVC CD/MP3 Headunit.
The adaptor i have is this one below, the only spare wire is the blue which says mute on it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Din-to-Male-Phono-Amplifier-Adaptor-Lead-PC9-414_W0QQitemZ400036752064QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car s_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item5d2 40c6ac0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_665wt_939

Chad
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 13:25
i would have thought the blue wire is the remote wire to turn on your amp when you switch your headunit on.

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 13:58
So, let me get this right, at the moment all you've got connected is the RCA leads (the red and white plugs)? If so you're getting no sound because you're not telling the amp to switch on, that is what the blue wire is for. Somewhere on the ISO adaptors you must of fitted will be a blue or blue/white wire labelled amp or sub +. This connects to that wire, and conducts a power signal from the headunit to the amp telling it when to switch on.

asbo1980
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 14:56
The Blue/white wire coming from the Iso already on my car is not labelled but connected to the iso i had to buy the wire becomes a solid blue and is labelled power antenna