PDA

View Full Version : A few tasteful editions...

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 19:40
Well thanks to jonno12 Ive finally got my grill sprayed black, looks great thanks.

Also added a spoiler this weekend colour is spot on thank god! Oh and some prancing moose stickers :)

Next stop car wash!

jonno12
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 19:50
spoiler looks good fella defo finishes it off
and may i sugest the car cleaning place in nordelph they do a wicked job on all mine every week and its only 6 quid

cameron
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 20:03
Looks tons better with the spoiler mate and im a big fan of the mooses, i have 4 ;)

Rhys
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 20:09
Spoiler looks good - bit lacking without IMHO, grill looks good as well, must do mine. As for the stickers - got two myself (magnetic ones, though will probably get the sticky ones at some point as I'm worried some chav will nick them and they'll end up on a Saxocorsa thing.)

Nice colour btw http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/smileys/beerchug.gif

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 22:12
spoiler looks good fella defo finishes it off
and may i sugest the car cleaning place in nordelph they do a wicked job on all mine every week and its only 6 quid

Cheers mate will give them ago, went down to outwell tyres last friday dont know if you can see on the pic but got the two rears changed couple of Michelin Pilot Sports on 91Y's and he only charged £35 a piece absolute bargain :)

jonno12
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 17:04
cant beat their prices can u lol ill always use them and so do all the family now

jonno12
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 17:06
Spoiler looks good - bit lacking without IMHO, grill looks good as well, must do mine. As for the stickers - got two myself (magnetic ones, though will probably get the sticky ones at some point as I'm worried some chav will nick them and they'll end up on a Saxocorsa thing.)

Nice colour btw http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/smileys/beerchug.gif

theres nothing wrong with saxos lol

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 18:42
theres nothing wrong with saxos lol

Would this be becuase there is one sat in your garage??? lol

Cubes
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 19:20
Car's looking good mate. The grille looks miles better. Have you lacquered it or anything to prevent it being chipped by stones etc?

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 20:26
Car's looking good mate. The grille looks miles better. Have you lacquered it or anything to prevent it being chipped by stones etc?

I personally havnt lacquered it although ill await jonno's response to find out if he did ;)

jonno12
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 23:20
i did but theres a secret in in it mate and it wont stone chip

if anyone else wants the grill done its £25 including postage

AndysR
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 23:49
Looks very good with the spoiler and the grille is different and subtle at the same time :) Not to sure on the moose badges but thats a personal preference otherwise very nice overall :)

The Flying Moose
Thursday 8th October 2009, 20:46
i guaruate how ever u spell it for 3 months againts stonechipps if it flakes ill paint it again for nothing but ya car does look good so i thought id add the gauratee

Cheers mate appreciated. Although to be honest it hasnt chipped yet and early days are usually when they do I find.

Looks very good with the spoiler and the grille is different and subtle at the same time Not to sure on the moose badges but thats a personal preference otherwise very nice overall

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still deciding on the mooses too. Subtle but different is what I was trying to achieve as to me its what a T5 is all about. I also think as mad as it may sound but the black grill makes it look newer :)

jonno12
Thursday 8th October 2009, 20:48
Would this be becuase there is one sat in your garage??? lol

hopefully not for top much longer lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 8th October 2009, 20:59
hopefully not for top much longer lol

If you sell it you could probably get a decent 850 again, saw a 855 T5 in A1 con in flame red on autotrader for £695.... possibilities are endless!

AndysR
Thursday 8th October 2009, 22:30
Cheers mate appreciated. Although to be honest it hasnt chipped yet and early days are usually when they do I find.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still deciding on the mooses too. Subtle but different is what I was trying to achieve as to me its what a T5 is all about. I also think as mad as it may sound but the black grill makes it look newer :)

You might be right perhaps because there is less chrome on the car, usually associated with older cars, I wonder why they did the full chrome grille on the V70 but the egg crate one on the S60? I wonder if they are interchangeable?

The Flying Moose
Thursday 8th October 2009, 22:37
You might be right perhaps because there is less chrome on the car, usually associated with older cars, I wonder why they did the full chrome grille on the V70 but the egg crate one on the S60? I wonder if they are interchangeable?

I wondered that aswell makes no sense the grills being different, at first I though perhaps the SE Lux (like mine) would be chrome and the SE Sport black but no not the case. The S60 and V70 grills are not interchangeable either its a slightly different size which seems stupid. Oh and the xc70 grill doesnt fit either. Still its a unique black slated grill although eggcrate would have been better ;)

AndysR
Thursday 8th October 2009, 22:45
I wondered that aswell makes no sense the grills being different, at first I though perhaps the SE Lux (like mine) would be chrome and the SE Sport black but no not the case. The S60 and V70 grills are not interchangeable either its a slightly different size which seems stupid. Oh and the xc70 grill doesnt fit either. Still its a unique black slated grill although eggcrate would have been better ;)

Sounds like sod's law but tbh what you have done is different and by no means a bad mod as it doesn't look out of place, I like it :)

jonno12
Friday 9th October 2009, 08:31
If you sell it you could probably get a decent 850 again, saw a 855 T5 in A1 con in flame red on autotrader for £695.... possibilities are endless!

ive been looking at a 2.6 vectra in the touring colour scheme for just over 2 k but im trying to talk the misses into a t5r saloon can only keep me fingures crossed i suppose

The Flying Moose
Saturday 10th October 2009, 16:02
Jonno I spoke to soon! Drove home last night and there is a large chip in it probably stone. Pictures to follow...

jonno12
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 01:42
bring it bk fella ill do it again