PDA

View Full Version : My turbo is fine! my engine needs rebuild!!! DOH

kevin4878
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 13:33
just had my lemon, i mean 850 t5 in garage for suspected turbo, been told thats fine, but my engine is causing the bluey white smoke, anyone here had a rebuild done, costs? all the usual, BAD TIMES!!!

danny-R
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 16:06
sounds like you're having similar problems to me mate, i changed the turbo and pcv thinking that would cure the smoking. when it didn't go away i was then advised it is the valve stem oil seals. i could get them changed quite cheap no problem but i don't want to have to take the head off when it runs fine right now.
try a bottle of forte seal rejuvinator, i did and have noticed an improvement straight away. it was about £13 off the bay.
well worth a try, there is nothing more annoying than a cloud of smoke every time you pull away.

kevin4878
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 16:22
Yeah, thanks, i will try that, this car is turning into a lemon!, doing my head in to be honest, ill try the rejuv, ill keep you posted thanks for the advice.

cameron
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 16:30
Give me a shout if you need a hand bud :D

Hope you get it sorted out soon :B_thumb:

danny-R
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 16:36
no probs mate. mine has not stopped altogether but has made a big improvement.

kevin4878
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 17:23
ok, its in, fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!, this forum is a life saver, [eople keep up the friendlyness, thanks.