PDA

View Full Version : worrying missfire/hickup

Niles
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 12:15
Other than a little missfire at low revs/load (I'm 100% sure that thats the plugs/leads are on their way out), When my car is 'floored' and the revs start to hit 4000+ i get a 'pop' from the exhaust along with a blob of black smoke & most worrying a boost spike to 23psi!!!!
Any ideas?

flyingbrick
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 13:00
Other than a little missfire at low revs/load (I'm 100% sure that thats the plugs/leads are on their way out), When my car is 'floored' and the revs start to hit 4000+ i get a 'pop' from the exhaust along with a blob of black smoke & most worrying a boost spike to 23psi!!!!
Any ideas?

Am thinking cap & rotor mate.............

woz
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 13:31
Had a horribe misfire myspelf sounding like this. really thought I was going to melt pistons or something - it really cut the power and came in about 3000 rpm on bost - typicallly during overtaking - aaagh.

Had as new injectors from Jimatahon which really helped, but the final cure came from new leads, and rotor arm. cap hjad been done previously.

Its not cheap but much cheaper than the alternatives. Fuel economy up over 10% as a result so payback will be quick.

Suggest doing this "stage 0" stuff before doing out else.

W:>)

jez.w
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 15:16
Had a horribe misfire myspelf sounding like this. really thought I was going to melt pistons or something - it really cut the power and came in about 3000 rpm on bost - typicallly during overtaking - aaagh.

Had as new injectors from Jimatahon which really helped, but the final cure came from new leads, and rotor arm. cap hjad been done previously.

Its not cheap but much cheaper than the alternatives. Fuel economy up over 10% as a result so payback will be quick.

Suggest doing this "stage 0" stuff before doing out else.

W:>)

I second that