PDA

View Full Version : head gasket

leet5r
Monday 5th October 2009, 17:03
how hard is it to do a head gasket on a t5r peps , am not happy all this through a bust water pipe lol . cheers

danny-R
Monday 5th October 2009, 20:02
i've never done one lee, and i hope i never have to tbh.
sounds like your having a bit of bother?? give me a bell mate

Dangerous Dave
Monday 5th October 2009, 20:25
I did mine a couple of years ago. Was a tricky job really, but nothing strenuous for someone who knows what they're doin. You'll need some sealant to seal the top half of the head together, and if you're changing the stem seals (which you might as well do) you'll need some deep reach valve compressors.

leet5r
Monday 5th October 2009, 21:02
I did mine a couple of years ago. Was a tricky job really, but nothing strenuous for someone who knows what they're doin. You'll need some sealant to seal the top half of the head together, and if you're changing the stem seals (which you might as well do) you'll need some deep reach valve compressors.

the lad who is helpin me is a bit of legend in the volvo scene like lol . so he knows whats what like , do you get the oil seals in the gasket set like m8

Dangerous Dave
Monday 5th October 2009, 21:16
Should have no problem then with two of you, I did mine on my own.

Yes, there are stem seals in the head gasket set (there was in mine), there are also 5 seals which go around the spark plug tubes which are included in the set.

leet5r
Monday 5th October 2009, 23:05
Should have no problem then with two of you, I did mine on my own.

Yes, there are stem seals in the head gasket set (there was in mine), there are also 5 seals which go around the spark plug tubes which are included in the set.

cheers m8 am goin to change the belt and clean the pvc system aswell lol

Dangerous Dave
Monday 5th October 2009, 23:17
Oh and the cam sprockets are adjustable so make sure you mark their positions before you remove them.