PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor KV85 plug leads

Niles
Monday 5th October 2009, 15:37
I've just bought a set & as they are recommended for use with my MSD Blaster coil I thought I'd go for it. Gonna use them with Denso Iridium IK20 plugs.
DO NOT leave any comments along the lines of 'they're no good' or 'waste of money' coz in my experience other plugs & leads wont do the job the way I need them to. lol

flyingbrick
Monday 5th October 2009, 15:44
OMG wot a 'waste of money'

Sorry mate only joking.......:argue:

Jamest5r
Monday 5th October 2009, 15:46
Like the leads mate, but personnally i would go for the NGK plugs, always found them better and longer lasting than the denso's.

Niles
Monday 5th October 2009, 15:46
(not) lmao

Niles
Monday 5th October 2009, 15:50
what kind of boost (in psi please) are you junning james? Lots (and I mean LOTS) of sets of plugs on my car seem to handle 20psi ok for just a week or so then start to phaf me about!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
I've tried, NGK's, Genuine Volvo's & Bosch's. All set ot ok then started to play up after not sooooooooo long. Tired of #cough# ~splutter# #Cough#.
And no, my broom broom has NO air leaks, trust me on that one!!

Jamest5r
Monday 5th October 2009, 16:09
Only running rica 304's on both but when i got the first one done at hlm about 6yrs ago hamish used ngk and i know he puts them in cars running boost at about 20psi, can't find the code at the mo but give him a quick call and im sure he will tell you.

RT MECHANICS
Monday 5th October 2009, 18:48
I used standard Volvo plugs/leads/cap/rotor up to 2.3 bar without a problem then changed to iridium plugs after going coil on plug and a decent CDI just in case as i think the standard volvo plugs work very well :)

Russ

mexybhouy
Monday 5th October 2009, 20:11
Got the red Magnecor 8.5mm leads with standard plugs, expensive but good!

Niles
Monday 5th October 2009, 21:41
I used standard Volvo plugs/leads/cap/rotor up to 2.3 bar without a problem then changed to iridium plugs after going coil on plug and a decent CDI just in case as i think the standard volvo plugs work very well :)

Russ

Me = dim. Whats a CDI??

walter leever
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 05:31
Got the red Magnecor 8.5mm leads with standard plugs, expensive but good!

Same here,with the Blaster coil,no probs

RT MECHANICS
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 06:45
Me = dim. Whats a CDI??

Hi Niles

Its the Autronic unit that powers the V90 coils so the Cap/Rotor and leads could go in the bin and gives a much more powerful spark :)

Niles
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 10:00
Hi Niles

Its the Autronic unit that powers the V90 coils so the Cap/Rotor and leads could go in the bin and gives a much more powerful spark :)

can that be fitted to any 850 t5 or is it a major upgrade?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 18:55
From what I know, the best bet is to stick with a genuine volvo iginition system, plugs leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, ignition coil. It can cope with more than enough HP than any of us are ever going to have (peril excluded!). There are plenty of 'big' horsepower cars using genuine volvo stuff. I think all the 'uprated' ignition coils/leads/plugs/etc are just a load of hype and quite probably worse than the genuine items.

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 7th October 2009, 19:54
From what I know, the best bet is to stick with a genuine volvo iginition system, plugs leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, ignition coil. It can cope with more than enough HP than any of us are ever going to have (peril excluded!). There are plenty of 'big' horsepower cars using genuine volvo stuff. I think all the 'uprated' ignition coils/leads/plugs/etc are just a load of hype and quite probably worse than the genuine items.

:stupid: