PDA

View Full Version : Very upset :(

Mrsmastiffs
Monday 5th October 2009, 07:44
I went to give my T5 a quick wash over yesterday, even though it was only done a few days ago, to discover that it had been "attacked" on the bonnet with something, looked like someone had taken a scourer to it :( My car is not in pristine condition but its not bad and these scratches stood out like a sore thumb as they were over a large area. Thankfully hubby managed to get rid of them with some TCut but I would love to catch whoever was resposnsible - grrrr !!!! probably won't though and just hoping it doesn't happen again.

Tomcat
Monday 5th October 2009, 09:51
I know what you mean, there's nothing worse than finding unexpected damage on your car. I washed mine a couple of weeks ago and found some chips in the paint just in front of the sunroof, looks like someone has chucked a stone at it while it's been parked in the driverway.

kevin4878
Monday 5th October 2009, 10:31
sorry too hear that, its probably down to jealousy, the pr*cks!, Happened to my dad couple of years ago, he had a bm m5 on a 53 plate, some bright spark ran there keys up the bonnet over the roof then down the boot, its jealousy!

princepugh
Monday 5th October 2009, 11:29
Few years back some git 'egged' my old V70 - you wouldn't believe the damage to the paint-work, needed a full respray of roof and bonnet - had to go thru insurance, my premium still reminds me every month!

Slumpy Monster
Monday 5th October 2009, 12:03
Some one nicked a set of wheels of my car. I found out who the guy was. I went and found him and found a quarry not far from where I lived and with the use of a Hilux and a toe rope around the neck (the dummy actually thought I would do it!) I got my wheels back the next day! Never had my car touched since!

scooter
Monday 5th October 2009, 12:42
i hate that my next door neighbor has acat that likes to sit on my bonnet every time i see it it runs but one day i am going to catch it and let my german shepherd play with it

WOODY T5
Monday 5th October 2009, 14:14
i know how u feel mate come back to my t5 to find a 3" key mark on the wing would love to get my hands on the B???????????????

cameron
Monday 5th October 2009, 14:22
My neighbours cats keep lying on the bonnet when its warm, they leave lovely little scratches and paw prints all over the place :mad:

Flatout Phil
Monday 5th October 2009, 14:44
i hate that my next door neighbor has acat that likes to sit on my bonnet every time i see it it runs but one day i am going to catch it and let my german shepherd play with it

I think you wrote 'likes to sit'? That's spelled a bit like what all the foxes and cats in the neighbourhood do just about everywhere round my motor.

My old mate Syd had a can of brake fluid tipped (by a disgruntled person) on his 2002tii - not good.

Then there was a friend who was caught at naughties by his girlfriend. She modified his immaculate Manta A-series with a ball-pein hammer - several dozen times on every panel.

And as I mentioned some months ago, my friend John who was somewhat startled to see a young woman take what we call a pony in these parts, on the roof of a Porsche during a Stop the City demo some years back.

And this morning I went out to discover that having valeted my wife's Golf, that the door was ajar. Some toe-rag had been into it and pulled out the glovebox and ashtray etc looking for valuables. Luckily I had removed EVERYTHING yesterday. Forgot to lock the blighter. Ho hum.

readview
Monday 5th October 2009, 17:18
Paw prints add character,besides,at least while the cats are there the mice wont be coming in and chewing through your wiring harness :)

My neighbours cats keep lying on the bonnet when its warm, they leave lovely little scratches and paw prints all over the place :mad:

danny-R
Monday 5th October 2009, 20:14
you could just do what my old german next door neighbour used to do,
the sneaky german would wire up his taxi to mains every night to catch thieves.
that would definatley stop the brillo-pad wielding vandals :)

Mrsmastiffs
Monday 5th October 2009, 20:48
Hehe - like that one :)

Rhys
Monday 5th October 2009, 21:26
Had the bonnet of my first E30 smacked by a hammer once by some knut, right where I couldn't push it out.. Last year a load of cars round my area were pelted with flour and tomato sauce. Mine was covered! little chavvy scumbags.

Not as bad as one area in York, near on every car down one road had all their tyres slashed every night for three nights.. and a few had mirrors removed etc. A machete and a few pounds of salt would come in handy if they were ever caught.

fireclown
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 14:25
had yoghurt on my bonnet once. it got baked on in the sun. took the paint down to bare metal. strange thing is, it didn't go rusty either.