PDA

View Full Version : Single Wiper Conversion?

Bison
Monday 6th June 2005, 23:47
Just wondered if it was possible, does any one do a kit for it? Not sure yet but thought it may look quite touring car styley!

Bison

Tomcat
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 00:07
I'm sure it is possible, and I think I have seen it done before, but I cant remember where!

M44K TS
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 00:18
Old Mercedes 190 E linkage should sort you out ;)

pzorb
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 00:21
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=STORMWIPER

Martin

Tomcat
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 00:25
Ah there ya go, all it needed was somebody with a better memory than me to show you the way, :slap:

p fandango
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 09:49
i don't know if its just me but i couldn't see Volvo in the fitment list?

i'm interested in 1 if someone is going to have a word with them

spesh
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 10:39
It is very easy to make it your self, all you need to do is weld a small bracket and buy a wiper from a car that only has one wiper on it as standard and a bit of fiddeling, once i've finished re-building my engine i'll take some photo's and go through it step by step if anyone is interested???

siamblue
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 11:36
Am i missing something here, Wouldn't the speed of the sweep remain the same as you are not replacing the motors, Just the arm?So it would be slow to sweep the whole screen in one swipe.

spesh
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 12:29
No I dont think there is much difference, we done it to my mates Astra MK 4 on the weekend and it works fine.

siamblue
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 12:41
No I dont think there is much difference, we done it to my mates Astra MK 4 on the weekend and it works fine.

:anmflower

MattB
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 12:47
It is very easy to make it your self, all you need to do is weld a small bracket and buy a wiper from a car that only has one wiper on it as standard and a bit of fiddeling, once i've finished re-building my engine i'll take some photo's and go through it step by step if anyone is interested???

Yes Please - that would be great!!

:B_thumb:

MattB
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 12:48
Old Mercedes 190 E linkage should sort you out ;)

Which year in particular?
Do you need wiper arm and motor too??? :confused:

lance
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 12:53
Would have thought the old E class would be better as a 190 maybe to small!
Must admit the one wipper and the old 3 pointed star as marker point are about the only two things I miss about driving a Merc!

M44K TS
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 16:37
I know of someone who used a merc linkage on a laguna before the storm wipers were popular. I think it was just the linkage and not the motor and i think it came off about an h reg car?

sorry to sound a bit vauge but this was a few years back, might be better off with a later e class as they have similar size windscreens