PDA

View Full Version : AWD Poly bushes?

Mental Wealth Doctor
Sunday 4th October 2009, 16:21
i've not been able to find poly wishbone bushes for the AWD,anyone speak swedish lol
???

Wombatbomb
Sunday 4th October 2009, 16:28
AFAIK the only company currently making polybushes for the AWD wishbones (the 4 bolt ones) are JERD.

http://jerd.se/volvo/c70_en.php

(I know it's the C70 page, but that's because the C70 uses the 4 bolt arms, for some reason JERD don't seem to list them on the 850 page as an option for the R/AWD/Diesel)

Mental Wealth Doctor
Sunday 4th October 2009, 17:24
nice one, wombat

v70torslanda
Tuesday 16th March 2010, 23:37
Hi MWD. I had a look a little earlier. They look to be made of nylon or something similar.

If you aren't going racing I would think very carefully about fitting those. Reasons below:

1. VERY hard. Handling will be pin sharp and extremely direct. Possibly bordering on the nervous.

2. The car will extremely susceptible to 'white lining' - and I don't mean it will develop a coke habit! Road vibration will be increased and may be insufferable.

3. Like I said previously, rebushing the steel wishbone may be risky - what do you do if you rebush and then the car fails its MOT on the balljoint.

4. Fitting may be 'interesting'. If those bushes won't compress getting them into the wishbones may prove at the least extremely difficult.

Conclusion? If it ain't a competition car I wouldn't go for these. I would simply get some Febi or Lemforder OE wishbones. PM Rufe and stand by with the whisky! Then PM me and I'll get you a price on some OE non-genuine parts.

luv'n'stuff

J

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 18th March 2010, 17:37
Hi MWD. I had a look a little earlier. They look to be made of nylon or something similar.

If you aren't going racing I would think very carefully about fitting those. Reasons below:

1. VERY hard. Handling will be pin sharp and extremely direct. Possibly bordering on the nervous.

2. The car will extremely susceptible to 'white lining' - and I don't mean it will develop a coke habit! Road vibration will be increased and may be insufferable.

3. Like I said previously, rebushing the steel wishbone may be risky - what do you do if you rebush and then the car fails its MOT on the balljoint.

4. Fitting may be 'interesting'. If those bushes won't compress getting them into the wishbones may prove at the least extremely difficult.

Conclusion? If it ain't a competition car I wouldn't go for these. I would simply get some Febi or Lemforder OE wishbones. PM Rufe and stand by with the whisky! Then PM me and I'll get you a price on some OE non-genuine parts.

luv'n'stuff

J

lol, car is pretty sharp anyway, with ipd arb kit on and bilstien shocks, just a mate had said the poly bushes make a big difference in handling. but shes already got the dreaded tail gate rattle, so maybe i'll leave it as is