PDA

View Full Version : Why do I bother??.

Tomcat
Saturday 3rd October 2009, 19:36
Ever wonder why you bother?, I spent a large chunk of this afternoon replacing the leaky ABS pump, as well as cleaning out all the crap that had acumulated in and around the battery tray/airbox area. Put it all back together(In the rain), bled the brakes (lying in the rain) and it's all working a treat, except that now for some strange reason the damn thing is refusing to boost, it's barely going into the white let alone out of it. I can only presume that I've disturbed something in or around the BCS, so tomorrow I'm going back into the engine bay to work out what the hell I've done.

Nipped out tonight to get my daughter from my mum's and noticed that the passenger side of the windscreen is steaming up follow very nicely by that lovely sickly smell of anti freeze from the heater....Oh joy, I'm sure I replaced the matrix not that long ago.....

This is because I dared to mention the other day that it had been behaving itself for a while....

Flatout Phil
Saturday 3rd October 2009, 19:48
Ever wonder why you bother?, I spent a large chunk of this afternoon replacing the leaky ABS pump, as well as cleaning out all the crap that had acumulated in and around the battery tray/airbox area. Put it all back together(In the rain), bled the brakes (lying in the rain) and it's all working a treat, except that now for some strange reason the damn thing is refusing to boost, it's barely going into the white let alone out of it. I can only presume that I've disturbed something in or around the BCS, so tomorrow I'm going back into the engine bay to work out what the hell I've done.

Nipped out tonight to get my daughter from my mum's and noticed that the passenger side of the windscreen is steaming up follow very nicely by that lovely sickly smell of anti freeze from the heater....Oh joy, I'm sure I replaced the matrix not that long ago.....

This is because I dared to mention the other day that it had been behaving itself for a while....

About a month ago I was pontificating about ABS lights - and exactly the same phenomenon occured: mine started coming on now and again.

To cheer you up, watch this, very blokeish and not for the easily offended...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-s_3OCmDA

stephenevans99
Saturday 3rd October 2009, 20:04

I'd threaten to change it under the scrappage scheme....it'll soon start behaving itself !!

martybelfastt5
Sunday 4th October 2009, 14:13
have been there ok,more than a few times tho if i sold my 850 now think id start searching for a better one,and start the rollercoaster all over again!!

Al115
Sunday 4th October 2009, 14:28
"better the devil you know" and all that!

TC I've just been through a similar story with our V40, chin up it will improve!!!

Tomcat
Sunday 4th October 2009, 17:24
Well the boost problem turned out to be the electrical connection on the BCS someone hadn't plugged it back in yesterday when re assembling, this is what comes from rushing because it's starting to pour with rain.

Al115
Sunday 4th October 2009, 17:34
Nice that it was a simple fix mate. :)

Tomcat
Sunday 4th October 2009, 17:46
Cheers Al, just a shame that the heater matrix won't be a simple fix (well it will but it involves spending money,lol).

readview
Sunday 4th October 2009, 18:05
Not that much tc,yours for £25.You can even change it here if you want in case you hit any snags.
Adam.

Tomcat
Sunday 4th October 2009, 18:57
Not that much tc,yours for £25.You can even change it here if you want in case you hit any snags.
Adam.

Cheers Adam that's very good of you to offer, no cash at all though for the next few weeks though so it'll just have to wait for now. I'll be in touch asap.

mexybhouy
Sunday 4th October 2009, 19:23
Ahh, the joys of Volvo ownership!!!!!

readview
Monday 5th October 2009, 12:16
No panic,just come over and fit one,if you cant trust a mod who can you trust.Sort me out when you're ready.Not the sort of job to leave really,nothing worse than trying to get the antifreeze dried out of the carpets in wintertime(and it stains!)

Cheers Adam that's very good of you to offer, no cash at all though for the next few weeks though so it'll just have to wait for now. I'll be in touch asap.

scooter
Monday 5th October 2009, 12:55
I hate that you do work to tidy things up then something else screws up i drove a car for 2 1/2 years no problems what so ever when i decided to sell it for something bigger a fella came to see it and it wouldn't start very off putting