PDA

View Full Version : IPD heavyduty droplinks

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 2nd October 2009, 17:34
Where can i find some of these in the uk?
Cheers

volvokid
Friday 2nd October 2009, 18:47
I doubt you will, IPD dont have a depo or a seller in the UK

chrjen
Friday 2nd October 2009, 19:14
You can get them from sweden from www.xtremt.se

But remember it is not the thickness of the droplink that matters - its the strength of the bush.

JelT5
Friday 2nd October 2009, 20:12
Try here mate

IPD drop links (http://www.europeantuning.nl/shop_nl.htm)

open wegligging on the menu and scroll down til you see the IPD kit.

HTH

mexybhouy
Friday 2nd October 2009, 21:36
You can get them from sweden from www.xtremt.se

But remember it is not the thickness of the droplink that matters - its the strength of the bush.

Ooh, i do like a strong Bush!!!!!!!!!!!

walter leever
Friday 2nd October 2009, 21:59
Try here mate

IPD drop links (http://www.europeantuning.nl/shop_nl.htm)

open wegligging on the menu and scroll down til you see the IPD kit.

HTH

That's what i wanted to suggest:ukliam2:

I've got mine from there,but hey for me it's only a half hour drive:funkybana

Mental Wealth Doctor
Sunday 4th October 2009, 11:58
cheers guy's
mines an AWD so polybushes are not easy to find any surgestions most welcome

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 4th October 2009, 19:09
Hiya MWD.

Our AWDs are the same front suspension as other volvos, its just the rear suspension that is different (and we have the R/police/diesel front wishbones).

volvokid
Sunday 4th October 2009, 19:25
Hiya MWD.

Our AWDs are the same front suspension as other volvos, its just the rear suspension that is different (and we have the R/police/diesel front wishbones).

I had to look at that twice "MWD" is my line of work haha

woz
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 13:35
I have said before on here that these will not improve your handling. At all. Period. If you are aiming for longevity then - again, and check with other users, the bushes on teh end may not be as resilient to dust etc as the OEM ones - so under normal ROAD conditions, you may need to replace them more often.
Just be sure what you want to achieve before you spent dosh and check with the vendor that the product will do what you want. It wont improve roll stiffness, but it will increase unsprung weight.
Woz

jez.w
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 15:24
I have said before on here that these will not improve your handling. At all. Period. If you are aiming for longevity then - again, and check with other users, the bushes on teh end may not be as resilient to dust etc as the OEM ones - so under normal ROAD conditions, you may need to replace them more often.
Just be sure what you want to achieve before you spent dosh and check with the vendor that the product will do what you want. It wont improve roll stiffness, but it will increase unsprung weight.
Woz

I have got IPD drop links on my 850, they definitely make the front end feel tighter, there is 100% no flex between the shock and roll bar. I had scamtec ones before and they only lasted 10k, before that i had the volvo ones which were the originals. I got my IPD links from PARTS FOR VOLVO. IPD are supposed to last a lot longer too.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 16:36
Cheers Jez, i saw them on there site many moons ago, but alas dont seem to be on there no more, thinking about genuine's after the last pair rubbish waste a time buying anything cheap, you just end up spending more, when it breaks. lol rant over
i'll call pfv

mexybhouy
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 22:20
Can you not get the IPD links with dust covers on them?
I thought they had both types!

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 6th October 2009, 22:35
There are different types aren't there?

There are the uprated IPD drop links which have a thicker bar (12mm?) and sealed balljoints, and then there was the other type with open ball joints and adjustable rods

Or am I wrong?

woz
Friday 9th October 2009, 01:35
There are different types aren't there?

There are the uprated IPD drop links which have a thicker bar (12mm?) and sealed balljoints, and then there was the other type with open ball joints and adjustable rods

Or am I wrong?
Trick question really, but why would you want to adjust them?
W

Dangerous Dave
Friday 9th October 2009, 08:01
I read on volvospeed one guy added 1/8th on an inch on each end, and it massively improved the handling (thats what he put anyway).

My bad, the adjustable ones are made by someone else, originally from QBM, but their website seems to have gone. So I found this one instead

http://www.volvomotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=89&osCsid=cnehiqigrzedtr

Also, see here

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22872&highlight=drop+links

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 9th October 2009, 17:31
think im going for the ipd there 149 euro for a pair delivered thats £137
european tuning

jez.w
Friday 9th October 2009, 17:35
think im going for the ipd there 149 euro for a pair delivered thats £137
european tuning

I payed around £75 for the pair delivered from PFV only 2 or 3 months ago. I have noticed that the IPD links are not on their website at the moment for the 850 for some reason, but they were up until a few weeks ago.

Dangerous Dave
Friday 9th October 2009, 18:48
Yeah I noticed that too Jez

cragmaz
Saturday 10th October 2009, 21:08
I have got IPD drop links on my 850, they definitely make the front end feel tighter, there is 100% no flex between the shock and roll bar. I had scamtec ones before and they only lasted 10k, before that i had the volvo ones which were the originals. I got my IPD links from PARTS FOR VOLVO. IPD are supposed to last a lot longer too.

i am running some IPD ones too, had QBM adjustable ones before that were more expensive, thicker and adjustable, but were trashed within a year, the joints gave way!
IPD ones so far so good, no loss in handling, a lot cheaper and delivered direct fron IPD within 5 days, easy to fit and and v. good quality product, i also have a front and rear IPD anti roll bars and a host of other IPD goodies and have dealt with them on lots of occasions, and have found them very good value for money (even with the shipping), very helpful and very efficient, cant fault them at all really.
just my personal opinion for what it counts.!!!

Cheers

Craig