PDA

View Full Version : Calling all southeast members to a DYNO day ;)

Johnny5
Thursday 1st October 2009, 23:24
Ladies n Gents

I have managed to secure a substantial discount for VPCUK members at Gerald Dale Motorsport in Sussex!

Gerald has agreed to let me organise a DYNO day/session which i have provisionally booked for SAT 10th Oct at 10AM

Link to his site is here ... http://www.geralddale.co.uk/

He is willing to run each car 3 times (proving run and 2 power runs, with printouts) for £25! per car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But............... and heres the BUT! We will need more than just me to turn up lmao!
So volvics at the ready (Or anything else you'd like to run) Lets make a day of it!

Cheers

J5

skirmish998
Thursday 1st October 2009, 23:46
I would but its an absolute mission for me to get there

Johnny5
Thursday 1st October 2009, 23:56
Shame.... Good price i got for us tho eh?

J5

cookie
Friday 2nd October 2009, 00:00
I'm working, what numbers does he need to run, what Dyno, max BHP, Autos, 2wd/4wd, does he do AFR and Boost plot? there's nothing on web site, and I know local place to me is cheap, but very limited on what they can test/print out/and would only do cars upto 200BHP, as is mainly used for tuning cars with carburettors :o

Its a bit out in the sticks (nice roads to drive at night), I have driven past many a time going to friends in Bexhill.

If they can run decent power, with AFR/Boost plots then probably worth posting on VOC/T5D5 as well, to try and get more interest (its next saturday)

Johnny5
Friday 2nd October 2009, 00:06
I'm working, what numbers does he need to run, what Dyno, max BHP, Autos, 2wd/4wd, does he do AFR and Boost plot? there's nothing on web site, and I know local place to me is cheap, but very limited on what they can test/print out/and would only do cars upto 200BHP, as is mainly used for tuning cars with carburettors :o

Its a bit out in the sticks (nice roads to drive at night), I have driven past many a time going to friends in Bexhill.

If they can run decent power, with AFR/Boost plots then probably worth posting on VOC/T5D5 as well, to try and get more interest (its next saturday)

Cookie, Im going to ring Gerald tomorrow and get some info from him, i think its only 2wd, but defo turbo/ forced induction cars..... Not sure on the BHP limit though. But i will ask. He will run anything from 1 car to a max of 20

J5

Flatout Phil
Friday 2nd October 2009, 08:14
Ladies n Gents

I have managed to secure a substantial discount for VPCUK members at Gerald Dale Motorsport in Sussex!

Gerald has agreed to let me organise a DYNO day/session which i have provisionally booked for SAT 10th Oct at 10AM

Link to his site is here ... http://www.geralddale.co.uk/

He is willing to run each car 3 times (proving run and 2 power runs, with printouts) for £25! per car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But............... and heres the BUT! We will need more than just me to turn up lmao!
So volvics at the ready (Or anything else you'd like to run) Lets make a day of it!

Cheers

J5

Hi John,
I can't do that day - may be tricky for a few weeks with kids birthdays and more importantly sister-in-law in Cambridge taken a serious but anticipated turn for the worse (withdrawing chemotherapy - this is basically it) so need to be around for bro. If I can, will still get mine done locally probably during half-term week. Sanspeed only RR during the week anyway - and £80 so you have a great price there.
I hope you get some takers on that one. Well done for organising it. Hope to get down to Brighton at end of October so may give you a shout.
Cheers,
Phil.

Johnny5
Friday 2nd October 2009, 10:27
Hi John,
I can't do that day - may be tricky for a few weeks with kids birthdays and more importantly sister-in-law in Cambridge taken a serious but anticipated turn for the worse (withdrawing chemotherapy - this is basically it) so need to be around for bro. If I can, will still get mine done locally probably during half-term week. Sanspeed only RR during the week anyway - and £80 so you have a great price there.
I hope you get some takers on that one. Well done for organising it. Hope to get down to Brighton at end of October so may give you a shout.
Cheers,
Phil. No probs m8. Hope all goes well. Must be a worrying time 4 u all? Be gud to catch up in the 1/2 term :)

RT MECHANICS
Friday 2nd October 2009, 20:14
Hi Jonny

Thats a nice event to arrange i would come if i could :( what make of rollers do they have ?

Russ

Johnny5
Friday 2nd October 2009, 22:15
Hi guys

I havnt had time to contact Gerald Dale today, so i have sent them an e-mail with the questions asked!

I will post up the reply asap

J5

simonc
Sunday 4th October 2009, 08:51
Sounds a good idea but i think you probably need to give a bit more notice to get a few people together, i know Ninfield my Folks live about 30 mins away. I am working Sat 10th October, if it could be arranged for a later date i would bring my V70R but its AWD so if it 2wd rollers i'll bring my E39 M5. £25 is cheap !

Cheers Simon.

thunderace
Sunday 4th October 2009, 14:09
interested, but depends on garage reply

Johnny5
Sunday 4th October 2009, 20:35
Im still waiting for a reply from Gerald Dale motorsport as to the questions asked...

Whatever happens im going, so if anyone else can make it, would be good to see ya!

J5

Johnny5
Sunday 4th October 2009, 20:38
Hi Jonny

Thats a nice event to arrange i would come if i could :( what make of rollers do they have ?

Russ

Russ

God knows what type of rollers m8y! Still waiting for a reply!

John

Johnny5
Monday 5th October 2009, 18:30
Guys.......... I have heard back from Gerald dale....

His dyno is a sun ram 11

Good for 300 BHP

2 WD only

Auto ok

Printout for BHP and Torque

See you there sat! lol

J5

Johnny5
Friday 9th October 2009, 13:10
sorry guys. Gerald has cancelled 2morrows session. I will re-book with him. With a longer notice period. J5