PDA

View Full Version : DSA issues help please

scoobysn7x
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 23:41
Hi there I'm a new T4 owner (had it 2 weeks) and I'm loving it, but I experienced a problem with the DSA twice today, each time while I was driving the DSA light came on and stayed on, wouldn't go out when I pressed the button. The first time I was a 1 mile from work so I kept going, once at work I turned the engine off and started it again and the DSA light went out as usual. Went to come home tonight and it started fine and I drove about 5 miles then the DSA light came on again, again wouldn't go out when I pressed the button. At the next set of lights I turned the engine off and started it again, and the light went out and stayed out the rest of the way home.

Does this mean theres a fault with the system? if so does anyone no how I go about sorting it, and is it OK to use the car as normal??

Thanks in advance

jimka
Friday 16th October 2009, 10:39
Can mean a communication fault has occured. if you've recently fitted new alloys or tyres, you may need to reset the system. Its in the handbook how to do so, otherwise ask and i'll try to remember.

scoobysn7x
Monday 19th October 2009, 08:13
Thanks for the reply, the fault never happen at all last week in over 300 miles of driving then on the way fronm newcastle to glasgow it did it again, at the next convienent time I turn the engine off and restarted it, and the light behaved itself for the remaining 70 odd miles, and was fine this morning. I would like to try the reset procedure you mention but can't find anything about it in the manual but if you caould advise that would be great, only thin done recently to my knowledge is the tracking, although I think the discs and pads were done before I got it...