PDA

View Full Version : oil breather system,,pcv prob

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 22:08
im getting some fumes inside the car through the heaters nothing the eye will notice ,though it does smell quite strong at times,, the problem is on the main pipe that comes from the head under the front manifold its sending a fume leak down the sleve that holds it,just at the front of the turbo its leaking out where the sleave holds three maybe four smaller pipes,thing is when i asked volvo do they sell a kit for this they said theres limited parts for its as there mostlly cleaned refitted ect,theres a trap and one pipe so any1 else had this where do i go next?? want to remap so stage one sorted nedd this fixed before i go there,,thought there would have been a complete kit for this

cameron
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 22:31
Contact Rufe, he can sell one pipe or all the pipes for the pcv system ;)

Tomcat
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 22:42
Agreed I bought all mine off Rufe and it wasn't that long ago..

cameron
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 22:44
Done mine 6k ago when i bought the car, £70 for them all ( the full kit ).

£70 for Adam @ Readview to put it all in for me, Top guys both of them :D

RollingThunder
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 12:21
Another satisfied Rufe customer :) I did mine about 2 weeks ago.

Kit cost just short of £70 and included a new inlet manifold - you need to remove this to gain access to the oil collector. Its a bit of a pig to do - nothing difficult, just a lot to remove and replace. Took me an afternoon taking it easy. Make sure you have plenty of jubilee clips as you might find some of the old ones snap when opened.

Personally I wouldn't pay to have this done - its not that bad a job ;)

skirmish998
Thursday 1st October 2009, 22:18
Mr Thunder have you got a How To on this one.... Think I may need to do mine but haven't got anything to go on....

cameron
Thursday 1st October 2009, 22:32
Skirmish have a look HERE (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=23968&highlight=pcv+replacement)

HTH

danny-R
Friday 2nd October 2009, 07:55
i found this link very helpfull, it took me around 3 hours, not bad for a novice.

http://lakesidedp.com/uploadpics/pcv/

RollingThunder
Friday 2nd October 2009, 12:41
Skirmish have a look HERE (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=23968&highlight=pcv+replacement)

HTH

This is the 'How To' that I followed when I did mine. The only difference was when I dropped an injector o-ring through the inlet manifold - which then landed (typically) behind the newly replaced oil separator. Added another hour to remove and replace the manifold... :(

Its a straightforward job, just takes a little time-

- Take lots of digital pics as you go along to help clarify any possible hose route (for example) doubts encountered during the rebuild.

- Make sure you have plenty of jubilee clips and you'll probably find a few need to be replaced.

- Check the other vacuum and fuel lines for signs of perishing and replace them as you go.

Good luck :)

martybelfastt5
Friday 2nd October 2009, 15:53
thanks all,,,