PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on ECU

T5 ROB
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 13:38
Hi, does anyone know if you can put an Motronic 4.4 from a 98 V70R in to a 1996 850 T5 with what i think is the 4.3.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Rob

cameron
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 13:46
Not sure Rob, is the V70R Pre Me7 :confused:

4.3 and 4.4 would suggest 2 different systems so maybe not, someone will be along shortly with the right answer and maybe a wee biccy ;)

P.S. Hows the new Turbo, big difference ?

T5 ROB
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 13:52
Hi mate, I didn't get the turbo in the end, its seems i got robbed £220.00, Universal Auto Salvage in Dewsbury no longer has its phone number, despite them saying it was posted and me been trusting and letting it go on, I dont think there's much i can do about it.

I'm hoping to get Gary's (Siam Blue) turbo of him but the ECU is different and it would meen a remap which bumps the price up, its never as easy as you think.

Anyway hope your ok mate.

cameron
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 13:55
Robbin £££££s :mad111:

Hope you get it sorted bud, although the 854 is bloody quick already with 14sec 1/4 mile times :grumpy:

Wish i had the money to buy some nice bits for mine, i'd love 300bhp, not this year thats for sure :(

MrMopp
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 13:57
Simple answer i believe is no mate sorry :(

T5 ROB
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 14:08

Thats what i thought the answer would be, somehow it always means more money.

Thanks anyway.

T5 ROB
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 14:15
Robbin £££££s :mad111:

Hope you get it sorted bud, although the 854 is bloody quick already with 14sec 1/4 mile times :grumpy:

Wish i had the money to buy some nice bits for mine, i'd love 300bhp, not this year thats for sure :(

Getting Robbed emptied the bank so i'm praying its lost in the post and gets here sometime, but who knows, its a lesson learnt though, dont be so trusting which is cr*p because i dont what to be worried about buying off people.

I'm sure you'll get that 300bhp soon, no rush as the racing is nearly over this year, as long as its done for the big get together next year at York.

mk3phill
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 14:55

just to add,.. its a strange topic as i at the moment have got the B5254T engine which uses M4.4 but i have also ran mine on a 96 T5 auto M4.3 ecu... it could work but make sure both cars hae the same kind of aircon ( eg: no aircon,aircon or ecc) as ive heard this can cause problems with the system.

basic parameters and engine design are the same as long as its pre-ME7 and uses a distributor not the coil packs. but again you may have a few error codes or immobiliser problems.

yes ive gone the long way to say it could or could not work but its not impossible......