PDA

View Full Version : Volvo has a stutter

volvoturboman
Monday 28th September 2009, 23:15
Just happened tonight on the way home. My V70 10v 2.4 classic is stuttering like its about its run out of petrol. It has done this before and I changed the ignition cables about 2 months ago. I know the car needs a service so can you tell me if requiring plugs would cause this effect. I'm servicing it myself in 2 weeks time but may have to change the plugs tomorrow so can you advise me what plugs I require and what make is the best. I'm a fan of Bosch's stuff, are these the best and what type. It has also got very thirsty since MOT down to 25.5 mpg from 27.9 mpg. Its a 1997 if that helps. Cheers guys!!!

AlanG
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 02:05
Hey buddy............yep,plugs could do it.. Have you had a look at them yet? Mine has NGK R BKR 7EVX and am told (on here) that it's a recommended plug. Possibly a slightly different one for yours not being the T5 though....

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 14:48
Friend asked me to check the flatspot on his Manta A many years ago. Found a handkerchief in the air inlet of the filter box! Could be a clogged air filter. Plugs likely - they take a hell of a battering in any car. Amazes me how long they last considering. A long time since I had a non-turbo but Bosch always work well for me. Usual checks really, ignition cap not covered in oil etc.

cameron
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 14:51
Blocked injectors :confused:

Mine was exactly the same.

Try some injector cleaner ( Forte ) before forking out big money for parts not really needed :D

volvoturboman
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 00:17
Hey guys cheers. Its due a service as I say anyway so will be getting new sparkies. I drove it today and although the slight miss was there it wasn't as bad so can maybe live with it for a week or two as I don't cover huge miles anymore. When I'm servicing I'll be fitting a new air filter anyway and I'll put someinjector fluid in too. Even if it ain't blocked injectors although thinking now thats very possible, but it won't do any hrm if there not. So guys thanks as usual you have came through for me and pointed out a few things I never even thought about.

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 22:55
had a problem stuttering n missing on t5 the other day fitted new plugs huge improvement but still had a blip n a cough on tickover turned out to be the coil was shot. £82 for a bosch item from euro prats

volvoturboman
Thursday 1st October 2009, 00:01
had a problem stuttering n missing on t5 the other day fitted new plugs huge improvement but still had a blip n a cough on tickover turned out to be the coil was shot. £82 for a bosch item from euro prats

Had thougt on that and was praying it wasn't lol

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 1st October 2009, 18:01
Had thougt on that and was praying it wasn't lol

could see it arcing out down the back of the coil on mine, look under bonnet in the dark you will soon see if it's the same as mine good luck hope you get it sorted