PDA

View Full Version : Interior trim

AlanG
Friday 25th September 2009, 01:54
Is there any rhyme or reason to Volvo's spec? I've seen some CD's with the wood effect extended to the centre console and some without (mine doesn't) and it doesn't seem to go according to model year........

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

Rhys
Friday 25th September 2009, 09:16
Is there any rhyme or reason to Volvo's spec? I've seen some CD's with the wood effect extended to the centre console and some without (mine doesn't) and it doesn't seem to go according to model year........

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

Was wondering that yesterday - was sat letting my engine idle for a few minutes before turning it off (a practice few folks do..) and wondering why the centre bit didn't have wood trim. Not too bothered but it would look a bit nicer to have a bit more plastic wood. Being a CD spec I would've thought there would be a bit of wood trim on the gear select etc.
Maybe it was all optional (along with the wood steering wheel - I don't have one and don't want one tbh)

cameron
Friday 25th September 2009, 11:53
My first T5 a CD Spec did have the wood effect center but my car i have now which is also a CD Spec doesnt have :confused:

Rufe
Friday 25th September 2009, 12:12
Most cars were built exactly to the customers own spec, so generally when people say things to us like "i have a 850 CD and i need....." the "CD" is irrelevant to us from a parts perspective (i have never needed to know the spec of a car in 10 years to identify any parts). Also, people have a habit of changing things after the cars leave the factory too (as everyone here knows, lol).

Storm-Troll
Friday 25th September 2009, 12:21
does this help. found it few days ago.. a company that offers FULL dash conversion stuff that like the wood stuff sticks on.... anyhow.. see what ya think..

http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-accessories/product_info.php?products_id=8684

AlanG
Friday 25th September 2009, 12:35
So the answer to my question is........no,then. I do know mine is as it left the factory apart from my tinkering.

T5 CD manual....It has pass airbag...£310
premium sound with multi-changer..standard
rear spoiler....£245
and metallic paint (!). £280
Total invoice £26065 inc discount :eek: 03/01/1996..

It doesn't have.......ft fogs,s/roof,h/lamp levelling,TRACS(thankfully).

Seems Volvos are like women......expect the unexpected...