PDA

View Full Version : Suspension advice....

Happygilmore78
Thursday 24th September 2009, 16:20
Ok, so after picking myself back up off the floor after looking at the prices of coilover kits, i thought i'd ask if anyone has any links to cheaper alternatives.

Basically my car is lowered 35mm, but it still looks a little high to me, so want it a bit lower.

All i can find are 35mm or less kits, all the other ones are coilovers, which offer upto 55mm and range between 880 -1100 quid!

Ideally i suppose i'd want it 45mm?? I did pose the question in an earlier thread, if anyones gone past 35mm on a C70 without coilovers, so i could have a look and get some info.

Cheers

Nathan

AlanG
Thursday 24th September 2009, 17:17
Could always get the hacksaw out mate........

Tomcat
Thursday 24th September 2009, 17:51
Agreed, the spings I've got on mine came off a C70 and the back's have been cut down a little.

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th September 2009, 18:05
Make a date with p fandango he's always up for a bit of grinding :B_thumb:

Happygilmore78
Thursday 24th September 2009, 20:33
Basically just remove a complete ring? making sure the end of the coil remains in roughly the same position? does this cause any problems? to be honest it makes sense in a way, just never really thought about doing it.

Its strange, looking at others who have 35mm drop, mine still looks higher. I shall churn it over, maybe an idea until i can get my hands on another alternative :)

thebadger
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:09
Is it's arse in the air?

I had Nivomats on the back, and so my springs made no difference.

Some new shocks may drop the car a bit more. Adjustable Koni's or maybe Blistens may be a good shout.

Happygilmore78
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:14
To be fair, it looks higher at the front than the back, although its still high at the back, no where near as high as the stock springs obviously, but still.

Vikingxl
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:23
Eat more pies, get a fat wife/girlfriend/fetish mistress, mother in law in the boot??

All the above should help drop it a little

thebadger
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:29
Adjustable ride height shocks would be a good idea.

Just to key it down a bit.

AlanG
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:35
Eat more pies, get a fat wife/girlfriend/fetish mistress, mother in law in the boot??

All the above should help drop it a little

Unfortunately this will be directly proportional to performance and mpg loss.....:D

thebadger
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:39
Also the suspension struts are a one off payment, the over hungry woman in your life will continue to want feeding!

Happygilmore78
Thursday 24th September 2009, 21:41
ha ha, this is very true - but it does look better with a few people in it for sure :)