PDA

View Full Version : Cross drilled disc's

Quicksilver
Thursday 24th September 2009, 16:19
I anybody on here using the cross drilled and grooved disc's from a supplier called mtec100 on E-bay?. any feedback apreciated.

cherry1809
Thursday 24th September 2009, 16:45
I was looking at those for the front and rear, As they're cheaper for the discs and pads than most places selling just the discs.
Was warned off cross drilled though as they can crack.

850 Skye
Thursday 24th September 2009, 17:32
Hi i have fitted these from this buyer, and have had no problems been on the car for over a year, as with all grooved and drilled disks they feel pretty wooden till you get a bit of heat in to them, but i found a big improvement from standard. And they look great behind my wheels.:funkybana

Tomcat
Thursday 24th September 2009, 17:47
I had some on my last car, had no problems at all.

Quicksilver
Thursday 24th September 2009, 18:29
Thanks for the replies I think I'll give a set a go on the front.

phil_woods
Thursday 24th September 2009, 19:37
Can't find these on fleabay but my comp is broke (using iPhone) has anyone got a link? Please

850 Skye
Thursday 24th September 2009, 19:50
I got the fronts and the rears and all the pads(mintex), and the seller (mtec100) gave me a big discount on the postage.:B_thumb:

850 Skye
Thursday 24th September 2009, 19:52
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T5-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-MINTEX-PADS_W0QQitemZ290324936155QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4398b6f5db&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

phil_woods
Thursday 24th September 2009, 19:58
Much obliged!!

sen
Thursday 24th September 2009, 19:59
Bloody hell phil you have got the bug lol

phil_woods
Thursday 24th September 2009, 20:02
Mate the whole world is falling down around me! If I'm putting 18's on I can't be having rusty discs now can I!!

jt850turbo
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 16:31
Mate the whole world is falling down around me! If I'm putting 18's on I can't be having rusty discs now can I!!
very true phill, ive had these ebc discs and new pads fitted today, could only afford fronts this week, but i think they look the 'dogs b==l==ks'

phil_woods
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 17:04
You are right mate they do look the dogs danglies

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 21:52
The 280mm look better with smaller wheels as they fill better

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/volvopics/DSC03275.jpg

Had mine on for a couple of years now, they're due for a change as they are worn right down. One thing I will say is get some good pads. First ones I had were mintex, and they were ok, but faded when really pushed. Ones I have on now are genuine Volvo, and they are worse than the mintex ones (but they were cheap as money was tight). So I'd recommend getting some EBC ones, which is my next move when I get some mular together.

Niles
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 00:13
i have them & after 8 months abuse they're still 100%.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/camelbeanie/2009_0625bumper0017.jpg

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 11:08
Where did you get yours from Niles?

Niles
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 12:19
ebay mate.

Jt5
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:14
worst case scenario, if they crack under high stress could it lock the wheel up?

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:28
Mine appear to be fine, and I'm not a slow driver, they've had a lot of abuse, and some really heavy braking (and my car is heavier).

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:28
ebay mate.

Cheers buddy, next stop ebay then.

850 Skye
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:11
Has anyone on the forum had these crack, i have a very heavy right foot and have had no problems just what to know if this has happened to anyone, been in to tuning cars for years and have never seen or heared of this happening. I have seen plain disks with hair line cracks but never seen one come apart.

p fandango
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:14
Has anyone on the forum had these crack, i have a very heavy right foot and have had no problems just what to know if this has happened to anyone, been in to tuning cars for years and have never seen or heared of this happening. I have seen plain disks with hair line cracks but never seen one come apart.
my EBC turbo groove (grooved & dibbled) discs were covered in hairline cracks & i don't use the brakes

sen
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:21
my EBC turbo groove (grooved & dibbled) discs were covered in hairline cracks & i don't use the brakes

EBC Says it all ive not got a good word to say about ebc disc's to be honest, tarox are a much better product. As pedro says ive had ebc on 3 of my cars over the years fitted by previous owner's i must add and all of them have ended up with hairline cracks one being very bad on a cossie.

850 Skye
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:22
my EBC turbo groove (grooved & dibbled) disc's were covered in hairline cracks & i don't use the brakes Just been out to check my car you have got me :eek:worried:eek: now, they seem to be fine and i have done about 6,000 pretty hard miles on them. What cause's the cracks to much heat or is it manufacturing defects.

p fandango
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:27
Just been out to check my car you have got me :eek:worried:eek: now, they seem to be fine and i have done about 6,000 pretty hard miles on them. What cause's the cracks to much heat or is it manufacturing defects.
i think it was more manufacturing faults. I'd got the turbo groove discs as a free upgrade after i returned the plain EBC discs, which were covered in hairline cracks :slap:

sen
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:32
Well mine where the ultimax black's which are the better ones they do allegedly and they still had cracks granted the car was 430 bhp @tw.

850 Skye
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:34
i think it was more manufacturing faults. I'd got the turbo groove disc's as a free upgrade after i returned the plain EBC disc's, which were covered in hairline cracks :slap: I am thinking that maybe the cheap disks i got of (m-tec100) ebay are not sure a good idea now, seeing as how the ebc you had cracked and they are a big manufacturer.

sen
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:36
I am thinking that maybe the cheap disks i got of (m-tec100) ebay are not sure a good idea now, seeing as how the ebc you had cracked and they are a big manufacturer.

Don't think because ebc are a big manufacturer that they are great mate that aint always the case mate.

Slumpy Monster
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:47
My brakes are Jacobs Crackered and the vibration from the rear is so bad when they get hot it shakes the car that much the cd stops! I was going to order those discs myself of there some dot 5 silicone brake fluid and some soft pads not hard other wise there wooden pads are so cheap you could by a set every 3 months if you wanted. Let me know how you get on.

850 Skye
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 19:29
Granted i am going to stick with them for now, and they do look great behind my wheels.

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 1st October 2009, 10:50
Wahey, another guy with Persus wheels on!

JelT5
Thursday 1st October 2009, 11:50
Granted i am going to stick with them for now, and they do look great behind my wheels.

I've got EBCs on my V70 and they're absolutely fine mate- given them nigh on 4k miles of abuse now and no problems. Highly recommend the yellowstuff pads to go with them- no fade when hot and bite well when cold too :)