PDA

View Full Version : new boots!

RollingThunder
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 18:43
Finally got around to sealing my new alloys tonight, and managed to get them fitted - what do you think? They're 17in Satellites rather than the usual Pegs.

jt850turbo
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 18:49
im hoping to get rid of my 18's and replace with some 17's. i was a little worried that it wouldnt look so good but yours look sweet mate

phil_woods
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 18:52
Really nice matem they make the car look really clean if you know what I mean lol

walter leever
Thursday 24th September 2009, 00:15
Nice wheels matey:bounce:

btw if everybody sells their pegs,they will be unusual again.:firedevil

AlanG
Thursday 24th September 2009, 00:30
Like that.........They suit the body colour perfectly..:B_thumb:

cameron
Thursday 24th September 2009, 00:49
Very tidy mate :D

ANDYRACER
Thursday 24th September 2009, 01:36
Should of left the standard rims on, it aint an R with different rims imo. :(

RollingThunder
Thursday 24th September 2009, 12:37
Thanks everyone, it certainly does make it look cleaner. I'm delighted (and relieved) about how they look on the car - it would have been a very expensive mistake if they'd been c**p!

Andyracer - I know what you mean, and I agonised over that for so long you wouldn't believe - I genuinely lost sleep over it :o However, in the end I wanted white or silver wheels and these came up at the right price at the right time - from a Volvo dealer getting rid of his old stock. They're actually for an S60R but fit an 850 as well - I wanted the R logo on the wheel but didn't want Pegs so I nabbed em quick. I might change my mind in a year or two and get them resprayed anthracite instead, but for now I like the fresh look.

Tomcat
Thursday 24th September 2009, 12:43
Don't know about them being for an S60R, more than likely they where for a V70R(phase 1)....Don't think they where ever fitted to the S60.

flyingbrick
Thursday 24th September 2009, 12:49
Looks very nice mate. Just missing the mooses from the front wings...:saythat:

Flatout Phil
Thursday 24th September 2009, 16:23
Finally got around to sealing my new alloys tonight, and managed to get them fitted - what do you think? They're 17in Satellites rather than the usual Pegs.

They do look good. But I still prefer my Volans! :smile:

RollingThunder
Thursday 24th September 2009, 19:18
Don't know about them being for an S60R, more than likely they where for a V70R(phase 1)....Don't think they where ever fitted to the S60.

TMS Volvo said they were an S60R wheel originally, but after you mentioned that I did a quick google and came up with this http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article824092.ece Those look like Satellites to me ;) Not that I'm being pedantic of course :D