PDA

View Full Version : Aircon not working on my 1999 c70 t5

dinx
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 21:57
The aircon on my c70 isn't working. Is it just out of gas, if so, how much to re-gas?

phil_woods
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 22:00
there is a place near the docks in liverpool that charges £40. I dont know if that is the going rate???
My air con has packed up too but so has everythng else in the car so it can wait till last lol

AlanG
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 22:38
If the refridgerant drops below a certain level the compressor is disabled by a safety valve. This is located near to the bulkhead on the horizontal air-con pipe. You can test the compressor operation by removing the multi-plug and bridging the terminals (1 & 3 if I remember) with the engine running and system on. I imagine it's the same as the 850.....HTH..

Rufe
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 09:04
if there is a fault in the air con system then when you first switch the ignition on the orange lights on the front of the climate control panel will flash on and off for 20 seconds. this indicates a stored fault code, and will be the first place to start looking to find out what the problem is. As an example on my 1999 C70 I had to replace my interior cabin air temp sensor earlier this year, which is a fairly common part to fail which stops the air con working, even if gassed, but there are also other things that could be at fault, but if there is a code stored then you can easily find out what the problem is.

Simon