PDA

View Full Version : National Meet.......For next year.

Tomcat
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 18:05
Ok, this is an idea that was tried a while back by another member and it failed misserably due to lack of interest. Can we have suggestions for somewhere to hold a national annual meet, somewhere central for everyone, preferably with accomodation and alcohol on hand too so that those who want to stay over can do, so we can try and make a weekend out of it. James has already suggested having it tied in to another drag meet, this would be ok but would there be enough space to let us hold a get together??..

All opinions welcome...

Jamest5r
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 18:11
Me and Miss Darcy are up for that, York and Avon are the only two ive been too, but plenty of space at both for 30+ cars, my personal preference is york more relaxed and no queuing for racing just call you through as a group leaving more time for socializing. got to be a cheap hotel in york we could block book for a desent discount. Make people pay a half desent deposit if they no-show it goes to our beer fund. Considering half the members on here are from yorkshire..... no excuse

MrMopp
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 18:50
Youre a brave man TC lol :)

Tomcat
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 19:33
Why not?, I've never seen why we can't organise ourselves better and have some 'Proper' get togethers...

sen
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 19:36
mmmmmmmmmmmm i am thinking now

850 t5 vs 600cc
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 19:43
Why not do a survey and find out where everyone lives who would be interested to go to a meet and then we'll go from there towards arranging it. If it does not work then give up and we will just have small meets etc...

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 19:47
Why not do a survey and find out where everyone lives who would be interested to go to a meet and then we'll go from there towards arranging it. If it does not work then give up and we will just have small meets etc...

Agreed after all as much as I love driving my car I dont overly want to travell over 200 miles to go to a trip with no guaranteed turnout.

A national meet would be a good idea though definately.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 20:17
Why not?, I've never seen why we can't organise ourselves better and have some 'Proper' get togethers...

Im with you t/c, there is enough good blokes(and girls) on here to have a good meet, distance is no problem too most and york in june and avon last month proved this.

T5 ROB
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 20:18
I'm up for this, as James said York was alot more relaxed and we all got time to speak to each other, Avon was just a rush and I missed most people who came, but I open to go almost anywhere within reason.

I'm also with James on the deposit, its not a problem for me because I wouldn't miss it.

t5 pete
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 20:27
Sounds good if we can book a travel lodge and would probley get it quite cheep if theres a few people then have a drink saturday and off to the drag race sunday.

sebasteeno
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 20:29
Im in.

Do they not have a VPCUK annual meet then?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 20:52
Sounds good if we can book a travel lodge and would probley get it quite cheep if theres a few people then have a drink saturday and off to the drag race sunday.

That gets my vote, York?? gets my vote too

MrMopp
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 20:56
Billing Aquadrome

Bruntingthorpe racetrack

Santa Pod and the Ibis hotel (tried and tested many years ago as a regular meet)

There are plenty of options but someone needs to take control of the meet and plug away at it to keep interest up. Needs to be family friendly and located near to cheap accomodation.

You'll find that the same 10 or so people will always put their names forward but trying to get anything more sorted will be a PITA - tied and tested lol

Mrsmopp

Oh and BTW York isn't central lol!

Jamest5r
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 21:25
Billing Aquadrome

Bruntingthorpe racetrack

Santa Pod and the Ibis hotel (tried and tested many years ago as a regular meet)

There are plenty of options but someone needs to take control of the meet and plug away at it to keep interest up. Needs to be family friendly and located near to cheap accomodation.

You'll find that the same 10 or so people will always put their names forward but trying to get anything more sorted will be a PITA - tied and tested lol

Mrsmopp

Oh and BTW York isn't central lol!

It is if your coming from Scotland or the South of England:B_thumb:

t5 pete
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 21:27
Whats BTW mean ive had a brain storm so get ready i went to ppc at marroly park this year and it was pretty good theres plenty to do and also it was a 2 day event or 3 carnt remember so we could do this and go camping or sleep in the estate a couple of bbq's and pleanty of beer and were sorted also it might be better as we wont be driving early the next morning after a night on the beer.
Also we had a stand for the volvos as well.

t5 pete
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 21:28
[/U][/I][/B]

It is if your coming from Scotland or the South of England:B_thumb:

Good thinking batman lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 21:37
Whats BTW mean ive had a brain storm so get ready i went to ppc at marroly park this year and it was pretty good theres plenty to do and also it was a 2 day event or 3 carnt remember so we could do this and go camping or sleep in the estate a couple of bbq's and pleanty of beer and were sorted also it might be better as we wont be driving early the next morning after a night on the beer.

I get what your saying mate, but you can camp at york and only got to drive 25yrs to the start line in the morning:B_thumb:

t5 pete
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 21:39
I get what your saying mate, but you can camp at york and only got to drive 25yrs to the start line in the morning:B_thumb:

Well thats me sorted then all we need is some good weather and were laughing

Tomcat
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 22:13
I will promote the hell out of this if we can get it sorted, It's always bugged me since I first joined (many moons ago) that we don't have some sort of national meet once a year. I came from a F*rd background and the national meets used to be a riot, we'd all turn up on a Friday night usually, campover, spend all day Saturday polishing cars and having a natter, sleep over on Saturday night and then bugger off late on Sunday.

volvoturboman
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 23:30
I'd love to enjoy a meet up, as I'd be coming from NI somewhere near a seaport would be really handy for me. Just an idea, maybe some of our other NI members would be able to make it too.

flyingbrick
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 23:46
What a great idea Craig. If where going to have a national meet it needs to be in Birmingham cause thats in the middle of the England.

flyingbrick
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 10:43
Bump

DuncVolvoTurbo
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 11:24
What a great idea Craig. If where going to have a national meet it needs to be in Birmingham cause thats in the middle of the UK.

No, you are getting the UK mixed up with England! lol.

The middle of the UK would be actually be around Darlington or Middlesbrough (hence the name).

flyingbrick
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 11:29
No, you are getting the UK mixed up with England! lol.

The middle of the UK would be actually be around Darlington or Middlesbrough (hence the name).

I stand corrected. Me stupid sorry.:hidesbehi:ashamed:

Niles
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 14:57
my house to york = 277miles. So who's gonna chip in for the petrol for my car? lol

Tomcat
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 15:09
I'm sure that given enough notice everyone would be able to attend, no matter where your coming from...

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 16:17
Just a thought, how about a National Meet in Calais, I hear there's a large area not far from the port that's nice and clear and we could camp there. :saythat::cuckoo:

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 16:27
my house to york = 277miles. So who's gonna chip in for the petrol for my car? lol

239 miles from here to York, but as it's not every weekend what the hell.

I don't mind York, Avon, Bruntingthorpe, Santa Plod.

Did you know that Run What Ya Brung at York is £30
There's more details here (http://www.york-raceway.co.uk/aboutus.html)

Don't tell anyone I said this but Brisskoda are having a meet there on the 12th October.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 16:31
Lets just go to Germany then and i know a small race track with some houses in the middle we can race around. LOL

Johnny5
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 18:30

BTW is short for By The Way!

oh and BTW.......... Im up for a national meet, as long as its not in scotland! lmao, no dis-respect to any scottish members, but its a tad 2 far for me to go, living down in sunny sussex n all!

J5

Volvostorm
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 19:11
I will promote the hell out of this if we can get it sorted, It's always bugged me since I first joined (many moons ago) that we don't have some sort of national meet once a year. I came from a F*rd background and the national meets used to be a riot, we'd all turn up on a Friday night usually, campover, spend all day Saturday polishing cars and having a natter, sleep over on Saturday night and then bugger off late on Sunday.

I'm also from a Ford background (Still am) and TC is right, I had some great weekends away. I'm all for it!

I'm happy to travel upto 200miles, as that about how far I can get on a tank of gas :rainfro:

Tomcat
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 19:44
I think debating on which area of the country we have it is always going to be a no win situation, after all we're all going to suggest out own area to save traveling. Instead can we all suggest places i.e. York dragstrip, etc.. that way the place that appeals the most can be the designated venue.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 19:50
I think debating on which area of the country we have it is always going to be a no win situation, after all we're all going to suggest out own area to save traveling. Instead can we all suggest places i.e. York dragstrip, etc.. that way the place that appeals the most can be the designated venue.

TC add a poll with the suggestions put forward already (and maybe a seaside venue such as Blackpool or Skegness or something) and take it from there ;)

Tomcat
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 19:52
Yeah good idea..

Ok...I've added a poll with the suggestions that have been made so far, if there's somewhere else that's not been mentioned please feel free to bring it up and I'll add it on.

T5 ROB
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 20:47
I've voted for York Raceway, as its reasonably central and it was a really good atmosphere this year with plenty of room for parking.

But i'll travel wherever as long as the turnout is good, should be a good laugh.

sen
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 20:55
I too have voted for york

t5 pete
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 21:06
can i vote for two

Johnny5
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 21:35
Well. Even though its a long way from here, ive voted for york. From what people say it seems like the best choice! Im sure i could pursuade the mrs to let me go or maybe even come along! lol......... Lets hope it gets sorted eh?
J5

volvokid
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 21:35
I dont mind traveling, if there is enough people i would go. I dont mind York been there a few times.

Chad
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 21:46
not bothered where.........im game though

hey james.......you got drag me to a meet yeah......lol

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 22:16
Too far for me.... Its 340 miles from london to glasgow and 180 miles from london to York.. so thats over half way up country to scotland.... I think ill wait for a local one as it will be about a 400 mile round trip. and With petrol prices as they are at the moment.. the garages aren'nt giving V Power away. it takes £80 from empty to fill it up and Ive just spent £6000 this week on 3 years worth of IT training courses so Money is a little tight at the moment....

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 22:30
Personally I believe the Volvo Test track in Gothenburg is a good option its 1147 miles from me a meagre 2-3 tanks of petrol!

Tomcat
Wednesday 23rd September 2009, 23:49
Come on Troll, it's not going to be until next year, I'm sure you can scrape enough money together to get to the meet, we want to try and get most of the forum there, not just a handfull.

cameron
Thursday 24th September 2009, 01:19
York for me :D

Glad everyone enjoyed it in June enough to go back :B_thumb:

RobbieH
Thursday 24th September 2009, 09:19
Well as I can get at least 600 miles out of tank, distance is not a problem LOL. Depends more on when rather than where. I'll vote for York as there's some decent time trial courses nearby so I could combine activities over a weekend.

Jimmie
Thursday 24th September 2009, 09:45
TC can i come in my toyota as its cheap to run?.lol

Tomcat
Thursday 24th September 2009, 10:04
You can come in whatever you like.

Vikingxl
Thursday 24th September 2009, 10:13
If i leave my village i will die so count me out(its all a bit like tomcat and his reluctance to leave the safety of his moorings in Wigan!)

Tomcat
Thursday 24th September 2009, 12:36
Tsk....don't tell me your still afraid of a little child with a flaming tourch??.

Filterlab
Thursday 24th September 2009, 12:50
Blimey, for a group of enthusiasts who run heavy performance orientated cars, there isn't half a lot of people who worry about petrol. I think the T5 may be the wrong car for a lot of folks on here. :)

flyingbrick
Thursday 24th September 2009, 13:15
I dont mind were it is held Craig. As a anual meet I dont mind putting some juice in my motor. I havent ticked a box on the poll because I dont know were any of them places are :doh:

Tomcat
Thursday 24th September 2009, 14:29
Blimey, for a group of enthusiasts who run heavy performance orientated cars, there isn't half a lot of people who worry about petrol. I think the T5 may be the wrong car for a lot of folks on here. :)

Well said, it's that sort of thinking that got this cancelled last time.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 24th September 2009, 15:22
I don't really mind where but because of anything i seem to plan lately falls to pieces I'm going to wait to vote until a few more votes are taken. Think I'll come on the bike and the Misses can bring the car. LOL. Where do the other forums meet up in the UK?

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 24th September 2009, 15:36
TC add a poll with the suggestions put forward already (and maybe a seaside venue such as Blackpool or Skegness or something) and take it from there ;)

Don't include Weston-super-Mare, they don't like people enjoying themselves down here unless the council can make money out of it.

Mind you if we had a meet on the local airfield and we run the event for a charity we could have the ground for nothing. Otherwise it's £260 for the weekend, and there's probably strings attached to that.

So for get I mentioned that. :yikes:

Johnny5
Thursday 24th September 2009, 23:56
Ive voted york, even though its a looooooong way from sussex, be good to meet up with everyone. Dont mind the travelling either, will blow the cobwebs outta the old gal 2 hehe

Justin
Friday 25th September 2009, 08:34
Too far for me.... Its 340 miles from london to glasgow and 180 miles from london to York.. so thats over half way up country to scotland.... I think ill wait for a local one as it will be about a 400 mile round trip. and With petrol prices as they are at the moment.. the garages aren'nt giving V Power away. it takes £80 from empty to fill it up and Ive just spent £6000 this week on 3 years worth of IT training courses so Money is a little tight at the moment....

Good, you need to be educated, then i wont have to repair your abused and broken IT equipment and have to delete your ridiculous posts on here constantly, Troll!

Personally I believe the Volvo Test track in Gothenburg is a good option its 1147 miles from me a meagre 2-3 tanks of petrol! Brilliant, I'll be there :)

If i leave my village i will die so count me out(its all a bit like tomcat and his reluctance to leave the safety of his moorings in Wigan!) You will, and TC is different he just has sticky pillow syndrome.

Blimey, for a group of enthusiasts who run heavy performance orientated cars, there isn't half a lot of people who worry about petrol. I think the T5 may be the wrong car for a lot of folks on here. :) Like TC said this is what flopped the last one, if there is plenty of notice theres no reason someone cant put a pound a week away to pay for it, its next year after all.

Who ever said Calais, Mrs Pa i think, No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This country or Sweden, and York is no where near the centre of England lol.

Rhys
Friday 25th September 2009, 08:57
..and York is no where near the centre of England lol.

..just outside York on the mainline is a sign post that says you are exactly halfway between London and Edinburgh.. Close enough for me ;) :)

I'm in York but will probably be living in the Midlands next year so will be an excuse to come back (funds permitting).

What happens at these meets?

Tomcat
Friday 25th September 2009, 09:47
What happens at these meets?

Er....They're just a chance to meet up, and have a good natter about cars with like minded people. If we can get enough coming then we can start giving trophies for things like 'Furthest travelled', best modified etc... Mainly they're just an excuse to have a beer and do nothing but talk about cars all weekend.

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 25th September 2009, 10:06
I could get a chance to drop in at the National Railway Museum and see all the preserved locos as well. Woo woo chuff chuff toot toot.

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 25th September 2009, 10:10
Who ever said Calais, Mrs Pa i think, No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This country or Sweden, and York is no where near the centre of England lol.

It was me and I was joking :doh:

It was just after the Jungle was cleared :D

Sweden would be nice, but I don't somehow think that we would be able to run both cars there.

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 25th September 2009, 10:12
Er....They're just a chance to meet up, and have a good natter about cars with like minded people. If we can get enough coming then we can start giving trophies for things like 'Furthest travelled', best modified etc... Mainly they're just an excuse to have a beer and do nothing but talk about cars all weekend.

That's it BEER I'm not coming unless I can have Single Malt :duck:

lance
Friday 25th September 2009, 10:19
Of course you can, I could bring some teachers a client gave me to soak your feet in!

Im happy to go where ever but I will probably be volvoless

Clan998
Friday 25th September 2009, 10:53
Hi
Count me in Im not too fussed where it is its next year so that ives me plently of time to sort stuff out.

Rich

TC ive not got your painted engine cover on yet but as soon as it is ill stick a piccy up on here !

Rhys
Friday 25th September 2009, 11:44

Ah the usual sort of thing then.. :drunk:

..sounds good. :beer:

Went to a BMW Car Club meet at the NRM last year, didn't realise it was free to get in the car park but cost about £7 to get out! I just paid a flying visit so I could get let out for nowt.

Sometimes clubs meet up at the back of the toys r us car park on Clifton Moor (the chavs park up next to Burger King.. on the other side near Tescos) before heading off wherever - the daffodil run (http://www.mgccyorkshire.co.uk/Reviews/Review%20Daffodil%20Run%2006.htm) did this a few years ago.

smithy
Friday 25th September 2009, 20:38
im up for this no probs and camping or bb sounds good to me and i will be able to go on the drag race in my 940 .but i will still be the only gay in the village tho lol.ps im not gay myself

WOODY T5
Friday 25th September 2009, 20:43
york would be nice boys

hellraiser
Saturday 26th September 2009, 18:59
A national meet sounds good to me! would be great to meet everyone & see what people have done to there cars :B_thumb:

Johnny5
Saturday 26th September 2009, 22:46
The good lady wife has asked, will there be other "volvo" widows as she calls herself there? And also if theres an ikea near york????????????? lol

danny-R
Saturday 26th September 2009, 23:13
The good lady wife has asked, will there be other "volvo" widows as she calls herself there? And also if theres an ikea near york????????????? lol

ikea is about 50 miles north of me and york is as far in the opposite direction.

i suppose i would bring the mrs if she''s on her best behaviour lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 26th September 2009, 23:17
That makes it about 100 miles away, seems a safe distance to leave the mrs:bricks:

Or buy her a cheap t5 and let her join in:smileypul

danny-R
Saturday 26th September 2009, 23:23
That makes it about 100 miles away, seems a safe distance to leave the mrs:bricks:

Or buy her a cheap t5 and let her join in:smileypul

rotfl. you've got no chance mate. she's insured to drive mine but she never has, i think i'v scared her of it or she's scared to break it.

plus it would pull her arms off, her astra convertible is dog slow for a 1.8 (weighs 1700kgs) which i believe is more than a t5!
her previous car was, i quote " dead nippy" ! lmao

oh yeah it was a ford kak

Rhys
Saturday 26th September 2009, 23:24
There is an IKEA near York, it's called Ikea Leeds... lol
Our lass hates car club meets having been subject to a few though she didn't mind the last one which was a Volvo one as 'they were nice normal people'

danny-R
Saturday 26th September 2009, 23:26
i didn't know it was for normal people, oh well never mind

Jamest5r
Saturday 26th September 2009, 23:38
There is an IKEA near York, it's called Ikea Leeds... lol
Our lass hates car club meets having been subject to a few though she didn't mind the last one which was a Volvo one as 'they were nice normal people'

Not meet my mrs then..

Ikea = Hell :nono:

1/4 mile racing = Heven :B_thumb:

flyingbrick
Sunday 27th September 2009, 10:15
Looking good for York then folks.........

neevo
Sunday 27th September 2009, 11:20
York has a shopping centre/historical centre that you could drop the family off in and head to the meet. They could wander around and shop for the day.

Leeds nearby has lots of cheap hotel accommodation currently with some ridiculous offers and being only 20 odd miles from York would be a useful overnight stay as York may be expensive being a tourist location. York & Leeds have a good train service so you could leave the family in Leeds to make their own way to the shops etc!

As some of your cars are like old barges there's also the Leeds -Liverpool canal to get over here :D:D

Rhys
Sunday 27th September 2009, 12:01
As some of your cars are like old barges there's also the Leeds -Liverpool canal to get over here :D:D

Plenty of mooring in York as well, if you are lucky you can stop outside the Kings Arms :lol: :beer:

joelounge
Sunday 27th September 2009, 12:27
i voted for the pod, but with enough notice i'll go any where!

flyingbrick
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 10:43
A national meet sounds good to me! would be great to meet everyone & see what people have done to there cars :B_thumb:

Wots the latest peeps........

Tomcat
Tuesday 29th September 2009, 11:56
Still waiting to see what the general consensus is yet, once we've decided on a venue we'll start to sort out a date and the other little odd's and sod's,

Slumpy Monster
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 11:08
I'm a new member is it ok for me to come along to your meet and bring my 850 r have raced at York before won my class last time in a Nissan almera gti.Sounds like a good weekend out!

sebasteeno
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 12:22
I voted York but in reality im not bothered where it is but it'd nice if there was a bit of camping and a few beers

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 12:31
I'm a new member is it ok for me to come along to your meet and bring my 850 r have raced at York before won my class last time in a Nissan almera gti.Sounds like a good weekend out!

Of course you can come, don't let being new here stop you coming and saying hello.

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 12:46
Well it's looking like we're going to York can whoever organised the trip there earlier this year please get in touch.

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 12:53
I've been in touch with York and he was a really nice bloke, we're more than welcome and he says the more the merrier so with that in mind can we start a list of who's coming if we go roughly same time as last year, that's 4th July(Saturday), there is camping available and they have a bar too...

1) Tc
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 13:13
I vote we have the meet at my house lol!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 13:16
In all seriousness though, my only concern with York and a RWYB day is its not very family orientated. Particularly for those who will have to travel a great distance they may want to (or need to, more to the point, to get a pass out for the day lol) make a family weekend of it bringing the OH and kids and York wont have a lot to offer anyone who isn't a total petrol head.

cameron
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 13:30
It was me TC :D

Only thing with york and the rwyb days are that they are tied in with everything else like nationals, so you only get 5 or 6 runs throughout the day.

Is that date the same as last year, i.e. tied in with loads of other bits or is it just a RWYB day ?

sen
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 15:58
1) Tc
2) sen
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:08
I vote we have the meet at my house lol!

You bloody would wouldn't you!!,lol... Have you got some fear of traveling?..

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:16
July has other things on yeah, we could go in October as that's just a RWYB meet but there's no guarantee the weather's gonna be nice at that time of year. Admitedly this isn't a family oriented day out but then again a day at the sea side isn't really car related, you can't really have it both ways. If your gonna meet up and have a little car show of our own then we need somewhere private where we can meet and have a knees up.

Jamest5r
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:22
1) Tc
2) sen
3) jamest5r................ Camping with bbq and beer
4) miss darcy...............-----------"-------------
5)
6)
7)

flyingbrick
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 16:37
1) Tc
2) sen
3) jamest5r................ Camping with bbq and beer
4) miss darcy...............-----------"-------------
5) flyingbrick........
6)
7)

Slumpy Monster
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 17:04
I live in Huddersfield and I hate camping more than sticking pins in my eye! But I am only about 35-40 mins from York and have a spair room and large sofa if any one needs some free accomadation to keep costs down. Put me down as number 6 !!!!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 17:10
You bloody would wouldn't you!!,lol... Have you got some fear of traveling?..

I cant leave the countryside cos there be strange folk out there :sheep: Besides with a driveway that holds about 50 cars, outbuildings and several acres who needs to go anywhere else lol :haha:

Am NOT doing camping! We'll stay in a nice hotel with running water and a bed without bugs in it thank you please!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 17:12
Oh and by the way if we are firm(ish) on venue and date then this needs to be closed and a new thread started with full info on the first post inc updating the "who's attending" list :D

Come on Hoffcat get it together lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:24
Maybe your right about the camping.....not tried it for a couple of decades, but it is only 25yrs to the start line in the morning!

Are you not camping in the "sausage pic"??

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th September 2009, 18:27
Oh and by the way if we are firm(ish) on venue and date then this needs to be closed and a new thread started with full info on the first post inc updating the "who's attending" list :D

Come on Hoffcat get it together lol

It aint definate yet cos we've got moaning buggers like you who are never satisfied,lol.

Loadsamiles
Thursday 1st October 2009, 00:08
Bromsgrove!

Are there any breweries in Bromsgrove?

Slumpy Monster
Thursday 1st October 2009, 00:14
No eye deer?

Marvin
Thursday 1st October 2009, 00:23
Bromsgrove!

Dont think so Dudley is the nearest

Rhys
Thursday 1st October 2009, 16:48
Bromsgrove!

Hmm, not too far from the inlaws.. had an interesting do at the golf club there once - not very nice..

Tomcat
Thursday 1st October 2009, 17:04
Sorry but can we keep this on topic please, there's be no mention of Bromsgrove being a meeting place (not by me at any rate), if you want to have a chit chat go start a thread somewhere else.

Shortbusdriver1969
Sunday 4th October 2009, 15:37
Nice to see my home town in the lead
looking forward to this meet if it goes ahead :-)

stephenevans99
Monday 5th October 2009, 17:48
When we say National Meet for Next Year.....which month are we roughly looking at? Could it not be tied up with a car show event?

Steve

skirmish998
Monday 12th October 2009, 22:49
any one thought about the brit car 24hr or similar 24hr race in the uk?? Britcar is normally at silvertone or donny. I went with a n other forum last year and it was fantastic apart from the fog

kevin4878
Tuesday 13th October 2009, 09:08
count me in, if the t5 is still alive! and im not unemployed, which i may well be, but count me in.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 18th October 2009, 17:34
watchin this thread would love to head over for a weekend the idea of attending another show of somsort sounds good,,,tho im pretty neutral,,

Tomcat
Sunday 18th October 2009, 18:07
Well, it's still looking like York at the moment, unless there's a last minute change.

sebasteeno
Monday 16th November 2009, 21:09
Well thats me f00ked as weve just booked our summer holiday for next year and were going to Northern France and we go on July 3rd.

Fecking typical as last year i missed the Alfa meet in York as we were on holiday in Cornwall!

mas
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 17:30
I totally understand why you would pick York but its best to be honst and say though I'd love to meet up I wouldnt drive to York with the family to do it. I'd have driven to the midlands at the drop of a hat and often have.

I'm sure a few of us southerners can meet up at some point maybe at a drag or track day , thats drag strip by the way not dressing up :P

Cheers Mas

Shortbusdriver1969
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 17:58
Great York is still in the lead :-) as this is my city ( yes I own it lol )I can help with any info people need IE places to stay vist eat ( concidering ) some might make a 'weekend' of it if there are coming form affar,
as for the meeting point there are lots of great places also I am told there is a feild just out side york that allows such events also camping it has showers and toilet block.
( a friend of mine did a Omega meet a few years ago there )
York is a great city and us Tykes afre warm and welcoming to all.
so here's to next year and lets have a great meet :-)

Tomcat
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 18:29
If you can't drive halfway across the country once a year for a club meet then whats the poin in the club?, I used to do it regularly years ago and loved the drive down as much as the weekend as you got to play spot the other cars that are going.

mas
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 21:13
In reply to Tomcat , I think there is lots of point to Motor clubs of which I'm in a couple.

1) Share info
2) Share experiences
3) Share a laugh
4) Meet like minded folk in your region
5) Help other folk out in times of need
6) Go to national meet if you want to.
7) Go to a ' regional meet' if you want to.

Surely its not a go to York or you're not welcome / involved is it ?
I'm sure there will be other opportunities to meet social folk without having to do that particular trip, maybe one or two folk will just make friends with other like minded folk who are 20 or 50 or 100 miles from them via the club , maybe folk will meet up at ' regional events' who knows ?

Regards Mas

Tomcat
Sunday 22nd November 2009, 22:16
Of course it's not that, I am aware of the great distance some members would have to travel, sadly no matter where we hold it in the country some will have to come further than others but if people start saying "I'm not coming because it's too far" then we'll end up with no one attending, it's only once a year, not every month, why not make an effort?. I haven't decided the venue, you lot have by voting, this is why the last one that was organised didn't happen, lack of interest.

C70 GTT5
Monday 30th November 2009, 21:40
I havent got a t5 yet but if by some miracle i still havent i will turn up with a t5 badge on my head :) i dont mind where it is though if its along way i might start the journey with the kids in the car an end it without:comp:

johnm
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 02:20
Yeap i'm very interested in this as long as i have money and i'm still on this little island called the uk.